Weight Gain?

Hi All

ive been on this journey since July last year and so far lost over 66lbs, when i was heavier i didn't exercise because i felt too uncomfortable. A few months ago I started a lot of walking, and now its part of my every day plan, I joined a running club a few weeks ago and started c25k its hard but im enjoying it and i think it will help maintain my weight once im at goal.

However since joining i haven't lost any weight at all (3 week). I've been sticking to my cals (weigh Everything except water) I know MFP overestimates calorie burn so i only every eat back 1/3rd and only if im hungry.

could the new exercise be causing me to stay the same? or do i need to look further into my diet? Ive never bothered with Macros just cico but maybe i should start paying attention?

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Silly question for you, have you reset your goal and numbers after your fantastic loss?

(If you are new to the running then it could be just water)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    what hookandy said. Also i was losing 2 pounds consistently until i was 75 pounds down and then through december lost nothing. It drove me crazy but eventually passed and iv now lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Sometimes our bodies are weirdos.

Maybe just ensure your goals are still good and that your still logging accurately, And then just trust the process that lost you 66 pounds, It will pick up again it mathematically has to XD
  • loulouowens
    loulouowens Posts: 103 Member
    Hi

Yes, I re -run the wizard every 10 pounds or so.

i guess im just being impatient!!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    oh also has what youve been eating changed? could be your eating more salt, Could also be your period if your female. Sometimes hormones can be weird. Theres alot it could be sadly, But it will pick back up in time i hope you get a whoosh :D Those are fun
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I stalled for 2 months after losing about 70 pounds. I would go down a pound and up a pound over and over and then I started gaining! I took a diet break because I had been on 1200 calories for a year and several people I respect on MFP suggested it. I have just gotten back on to my 1200 for about a week now after eating at mainenance for a week (1600 cals) and it looks like things are dropping so far. Every now and then I guess we have to give our bodies a little extra just to get the engine running again. I was terrified to eat up to 1600 but interestingly enough it made me feel alot better about Maintenance. Now I know I will be able to do that too. I was recommended to do 10 days to 2 weeks but in all honesty I was just too afraid to lose momentum. One week seemed to work for me. It's still early to be sure but I suspect my body is going to continue losing like it was before.