Guess my body fat % please

Options
I've lost about 35 lbs and and doing some body recomp now. I've been trying to figure out my body fat% for awhile now and figure you guys could help by guessing at some photos.

My stats 5"6.5" ( I need the 0.5") :)
139 lbs
Neck 14.5"
Waist 31.5"
My lower body is similar to upper.

I'm guessing somewhere slightly less than 15% range because my face is starting to get some chiselling, but not hollowing out. This photo is after a moderate lifting workout.7j4mjrswlm06.jpg

Replies

• JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My guess is 15 to 16.

The ole arms are looking good! Keep it up!
    @Rusty740
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    BishopLord wrote: »

Thanks, I've been using tools like this but I'd like to refine it a bit. I think this one's based on the Navy calculation.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I'd say somewhere between 12-15%. It's incredibly hard to judge but you appear to be relatively lean and have abdominal on show.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OP, I think you make a fair assessment of yourself. I was thinking around 15%. But it is hard to judge total body fat without seeing back and legs. But it doesn't matter too much.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Rusty740 wrote: »
    Thanks, I've been using tools like this but I'd like to refine it a bit. I think this one's based on the Navy calculation.

Yes. I was in the Marines (Dept. of the Navy) :smile:
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Guessing ~15-17%
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to guess...just to appreciate... ;)
  • Rusty740
    Options
    abrubru wrote: »
    I'm not here to guess...just to appreciate... ;)

Hahaha, I'll take that.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other that you are likely between 12-15%. While its hard to tell without seeing legs and lower body most men typically have similar fat patterns (gut & love handles), so I think this is accurate based on what I can see.

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I agree with the other that you are likely between 12-15%. While its hard to tell without seeing legs and lower body most men typically have similar fat patterns (gut & love handles), so I think this is accurate based on what I can see.

Yeap. I've never seen a male carrying a high ratio of body fat on their legs, without them having serious hormonal problems.

Hell, I can barely see my top two abs, getting near the end of my bulk, but still have veins showing on my quads.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Thought immediately 15% or just a touch lower.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    14, maybe 13. Trying to compare to my stat pics. but you're in good shape none the less. The times I take breaks I've let myself go to these percentages and bounce back pretty quickly.
  • Rusty740
    Options
    slacker80 wrote: »
    14, maybe 13. Trying to compare to my stat pics. but you're in good shape none the less. The times I take breaks I've let myself go to these percentages and bounce back pretty quickly.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm thinking of cutting down until the end of March, then lean bulking until the end of June or so. I've only got some free weights at home but I'm hoping for 5 lbs over the three months. I'm new at lifting so fingers crossed for the increase but I'd accept 2-3 lbs too and see what happens over the summer.