Thighs getting bigger

2»

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Some Pilates leg or barre workouts will give your legs a workout while also giving them a long, lean look
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Thick thighs save lives, IMO.

If you're lifting then you are building muscle. I view that as a good thing.

Also, Muscle burns fat, so give it some time...you may just wind up with well defined legs.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Some Pilates leg or barre workouts will give your legs a workout while also giving them a long, lean look

Not if you're in a surplus. The workouts create a deficit which in turn results in a defined Lean look. I work legs 2x a week in a surplus and they look thick but undefined. I do the exact same thing in a deficit and they look thinner but more defined and muscular

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    AJbandit88 wrote: »
    I did some research a while back and found mostly that if you want to build muscle and not bulk up you need to stretch the area you worked out. Mainly legs. I started stretching after my runs and legs days and noticed that I'm still losing over all size in my thighs but building more muscle too. I normally sit on the floor with legs out straight and try to touch my toes, then put right leg to the side and touch toe, then do left side also. I stretch for about 10-20 sec and move to the other leg and repeat about 3-4 times. Hope that might help some.

what? So if you eat in a surplus, do squats, and stretch you wont add muscle?????????????
  • ndj1979
    You aren't going to be building appreciable muscle with bodyweight exercises (let alone within 2 months). You are either retaining water or have let your diet slip and you're eating in a surplus.

cosign
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member

What does that mean? Seriously? I've parsed the comment many ways and still cannot figure it out. I mean, I understand that people like curvy legs but other than rhyming, I don't get the comment and yet I see it posted a lot.

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Have u seen Tracy Anderson workouts for slim legs? She is thin celebrities trainer. I can give u the link to her utube; try those. Still remember, u may do little tricks for slimmer legs (while all internet screamming of "cann't do spot reduction"). I did little reseach in oversease sites and found what europian trainers do to make smaller sexier thighs for bikini models.
    If u do a lot of weight training on your upper legs, they will grow in size even with stretching after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI6ucRl_BPw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUUXptowWco
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI19eSELtIE,

Ofcaurce, u have to stay in calory deficit. The problem with some women, even in calories deficit and training your thighs wrong way, u make them grow anyway. What can make your thigh muscles dens not more volumy, u have to do very multiple reps exercises, I'm not talking of 15-20 reps, think of 50-100 reps with no load. U can do squats only body weight for 50-100 reps, watch your techniqe (u must). Next u can do lunges, but lunge has to be precise in techniqe, agein (u must), U stend legs apart, than step rite leg forward allow small width between legs, hold your rite hand for support and start moving your body up/down with rite leg forward, 50-100 reps, pay special attention, how u doing them, most of work has to be done by your left leg, lifting u up, feeling tension in your left glute, not your rite quad. Big sens in the multiple reps comes from exhousting your fast and slow twitch muscles. The blood flow will be enourmouse, that has to burn little fat above muscles which do the work, but muscles will be so exhousted that not able to grow, while u did not put a lot of weight on them they are not going to break which in turn does not allow them to grow in size.
    I expect a lot of criticism from main crowd of execisers, but u have to understand that your work out has to be quite opposite from main crowd. The crowd try to put on muscle mass, u go opposite way: put off muscle mass while getting stronger.
  • AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    I clearly confused losing weight and seeing more defined muscle for building lean muscle. Just goes to show you not to believe everything you look up on the Internet and you can always learn more. Thanks for the info guys.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2017
    jemhh wrote: »

What does that mean? Seriously? I've parsed the comment many ways and still cannot figure it out. I mean, I understand that people like curvy legs but other than rhyming, I don't get the comment and yet I see it posted a lot.

there was a danish study that suggested that having more muscular thighs could be linked to lower risk for heart disease and diabetes. it also noted that more research was needed. at least that is what i could find on the google machine.

ETA when i say it / see it i always think of it in a self defense kind of way, like choking an attacker out with the strength of my thighs.

olga-liashchuk-watermelon-thigh-crush.jpg?w=625
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2017
    natasor1 wrote: »
    Have u seen Tracy Anderson workouts for slim legs? She is thin celebrities trainer. I can give u the link to her utube; try those. Still remember, u may do little tricks for slimmer legs (while all internet screamming of "cann't do spot reduction"). I did little reseach in oversease sites and found what europian trainers do to make smaller sexier thighs for bikini models.
    If u do a lot of weight training on your upper legs, they will grow in size even with stretching after.

Ofcaurce, u have to stay in calory deficit. The problem with some women, even in calories deficit and training your thighs wrong way, u make them grow anyway. What can make your thigh muscles dens not more volumy, u have to do very multiple reps exercises, I'm not talking of 15-20 reps, think of 50-100 reps with no load. U can do squats only body weight for 50-100 reps, watch your techniqe (u must). Next u can do lunges, but lunge has to be precise in techniqe, agein (u must), U stend legs apart, than step rite leg forward allow small width between legs, hold your rite hand for support and start moving your body up/down with rite leg forward, 50-100 reps, pay special attention, how u doing them, most of work has to be done by your left leg, lifting u up, feeling tension in your left glute, not your rite quad. Big sens in the multiple reps comes from exhousting your fast and slow twitch muscles. The blood flow will be enourmouse, that has to burn little fat above muscles which do the work, but muscles will be so exhousted that not able to grow, while u did not put a lot of weight on them they are not going to break which in turn does not allow them to grow in size.
    I expect a lot of criticism from main crowd of execisers, but u have to understand that your work out has to be quite opposite from main crowd. The crowd try to put on muscle mass, u go opposite way: put off muscle mass while getting stronger.

OP please ignore...

if you train your legs in a deficit they will not get bigger...

The only way to add muscle in a deficit is if one is a newbie to lifting or if you use steroids.

how do you "put off muscle mass" while still working out? The whole point of working out in a deficit is to maintain as much mass as possible. They only way to put off muscle is to completely stop using it.
  • jessef593
    ndj1979 wrote: »

OP please ignore...

if you train your legs in a deficit they will not get bigger...

The only way to add muscle in a deficit is if one is a newbie to lifting or if you use steroids.

how do you "put off muscle mass" while still working out? The whole point of working out in a deficit is to maintain as much mass as possible. They only way to put off muscle is to completely stop using it.

I second. If someone can't even maintain proper grammar from a study theyre versing then how reliable can they truly be.

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    In theory, the muscles mass growth happens in the slow-twitch tissue. To restrict mass inrease we have to concentrate on fast-twitch tissue. This is type of tissue which only gives strength and density without mass. We are after that tissue...
  • jessef593
    In theory, the muscles mass growth happens in the slow-twitch tissue. To restrict mass inrease we have to concentrate on fast-twitch tissue. This is type of tissue which only gives strength and density without mass. We are after that tissue...

You can actually add mass to your fast twitch fibres. Through myofibrillar hypertrophy.