Only just realised you can do this

Hi everyone my names Sam, I've only just realised you can actually do this! So at the beginning of the year after wild partying at 9 stone 4 I decided I wanted the dream body, so I quit everything I was doing and joined the gym, after bulking for over a month I can now say I'm 1 stone and 6 pounds heavier than I started, is anyone else bulking and stripping down for summer?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Actually do what?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
  • Have a discussion on here, just used it to track my calories! And really is that bad?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    You're looking at a lot of fat gain at that rate.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    You're looking at a lot of fat gain at that rate.

This. I've only gained 9 lbs. in two and a half months, and I'm already getting annoyed at the relatively minor fat gain. Different strokes and all of that, but I prefer to keep my hellcuts as short as possible.

I mean, you could always go the SHW powerlifter permabulk see-food route, but that's not my thing, personally.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    You put on 20lbs in a month and think you are "stripping down for summer"?
    Sorry but I'm genuinely confused.

How much of that 20lbs do you think is muscle and how much fat?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Dreamer bulk is the accurate term for this.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited February 2017
    If OP is tall he could probably stand gaining a fair bit of fat as well, 9st 4 is only 130lbs
  • I've never been able to gain weight in the past really slim with no muscle at all, I have gained a lot of muscle and it shows too, I've just been eating and doing what I've been told by a personal trainer (who is a professional) it was made clear to me in order you gain muscle you had to gain fat too
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    I've never been able to gain weight in the past really slim with no muscle at all, I have gained a lot of muscle and it shows too, I've just been eating and doing what I've been told by a personal trainer (who is a professional) it was made clear to me in order you gain muscle you had to gain fat too

Yeah, but you are unquestioningly putting on much more fat than necessary. Seriously, maybe 1 lb per week may (or may not, depending on a number of factors, such as genetics and training regimen) be appropriate. Not the see-food diet.