Testosterone Therapy

2»

Replies

• jessicadonahoe23
    jessicadonahoe23 Posts: 15 Member
    Please, if I have to comment on this thread.... Do NOT take the testosterone Inj or Implants... my step father didnt want the testosterone gel, because it can rub off on other people, pets, and your clothing. So, he decided to get the injection and it was fine, although he had headaches all the time & didnt know why... had tests done and it would come out clear for any reason why he would have headaches like this... Then he decided to get the implants after two implants... he was walking to the kitchen and had a headache so bad he landed on the ground from pain, was carried to the car and taken to the hospital and had a stroke. Dr's couldnt figure out why and then came across that he was taking this testosterone!!!! It is unhealthy and has really bad long term side affects that can be deadly people. He has been eating healthy with minimal exercise and his levels are back up naturally. He will never take that drug ever again. Please look up all the lawsuits this drug has, its crazy its still on the market!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Please, if I have to comment on this thread.... Do NOT take the testosterone Inj or Implants... my step father didnt want the testosterone gel, because it can rub off on other people, pets, and your clothing. So, he decided to get the injection and it was fine, although he had headaches all the time & didnt know why... had tests done and it would come out clear for any reason why he would have headaches like this... Then he decided to get the implants after two implants... he was walking to the kitchen and had a headache so bad he landed on the ground from pain, was carried to the car and taken to the hospital and had a stroke. Dr's couldnt figure out why and then came across that he was taking this testosterone!!!! It is unhealthy and has really bad long term side affects that can be deadly people. He has been eating healthy with minimal exercise and his levels are back up naturally. He will never take that drug ever again. Please look up all the lawsuits this drug has, its crazy its still on the market!

Everyone has testosterone in their body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Average cost is $17,000, $20,000 for the first 2 years. YIKES!!!!!!
    Lol, yeah you can go to Mexico for much cheaper. :D
    If you're serious, you can find a legit Dr. for much less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    ^ Looks like that is the souped up version. If you Google low testosterone therapy costs, you get the $200-$400 a month range (before any insurance)
    That sounds about right.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

how do you know that the stroke was not caused by something else? Did he take the implants in conjunction with medical advice from his DR, or did he just do this on his own?

• ninerbuff
    This is an anecdote though. There are THOUSANDS of males out there on HRT that don't have the issue your step father had. And it's not a DRUG. It's synthetic hormone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff

Doctors have a habit of, once they know a patient has taken exogenous testosterone, or any other variant of AAS, blaming any health condition of said patient on steroid abuse
    So do some athletes. Lyle Alzado died of a brain issue and it was blamed on steroids which had nothing to do with his demise.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    A reputable doctor will only give you therapeutic dosage of T, it's not going to make you huge; but if you have lower than normal T it'll make you feel better and live a happier life.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    I had all the symptoms of Low T. I could barley make it home from work and would sleep beofre dinner, eat and then go to bed, wake up tired. I would try to workout and instead of getting a boost from my workouts they made me drag and feel spent.My Doc said it could be my thyroid as well as Low T, it was and the thyroid drugs helped but she checked my testosterone levels too and they were very low. The combination of the thyroid treatment and testosterone make me feel normal and let me live my life, work out and just basically feel the way a healthy 53 yr old should feel. They didn't "boost" my sex drive into "overdrive" or make me a fitness model, but they weren't meant to. Its a therapy to get you back to a normal level not turn you into a 20-something in a 50yr old body I have a normal drive just as I did before low T and I recover from workouts as well as I did, but that also depends on other factors, like my diet and workouts and rest. I get regular blood work every 6 months and I keep and eye out for side effects, so far so good