STRONGER-HIIT Workout-8 weeks

Replies

• jenhitt
    jenhitt Posts: 107 Member
    Okay, so soldier was tougher than I thought it would be. May have to do just that one today and catch up another way.
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    @jenhitt yea it is a tougher one. You will enjoy Refuel though, it's much, much easier. It's a break from all the hard work we have been putting in. Slower pace, low intensity cardio, lots of stretching too. I look forward to Thursday's now lol.
  • ValleyHooper
    One more day until rest day.... hooah!
  • blakexx3
    blakexx3 Posts: 89 Member
    I would love to start doing this.. I'm a week late but I'm going to start Monday!
  • ValleyHooper
    @blaketoben you're never too late. Welcome aboard! So glad to have you join. :)
  • ValleyHooper
    Week 1 already done!! Bring on week 2!!!

Monday 3/6/17
    Fire Done- 288 calories burned

How's everyone doing with this so far? @blaketoben if you start today please check in and let me know how it went. :)
  • blakexx3
    Monday 3/06 completed first workout!

@ValleyHooper it was what I expected - a little challenging because I eat lunch at 1 and don't get home from work until 8. So I felt pretty sick while doing the workout. May have to see what I can do to snack beforehand but going to keep pushing forward with the workouts! :smile:
  • ValleyHooper
    I'm sorry. I hope you feel better with the next workout.
  • ValleyHooper
    I've been sick the last few days. Doing HIIT or any exercise in general when you are sick is not a good time lol. However, I am determined NOT to miss a single workout in this 8 week program. I fought through Iron...boom done!
  • blakexx3
    Iron down! A little better than yesterday... hoping to stay strong
  • ocasiolis1
    ocasiolis1 Posts: 1 Member
    Sounds like a plan! I'm ready!
  • ValleyHooper
    @blaketoben you've got this!!! I believe in you. ;)
  • Ashley9983
    Ashley9983 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in.
  • blakexx3
    Soldier done! Definitely the hardest one thus far for me. We got this!
  • ValleyHooper
    Good for you! I have to do soldier tomorrow with refuel. I have been sick and I ended up sleeping half the day.
  • ValleyHooper
    I did Soldier today since I was sick yesterday.

STRONGER HIIT-SOLDIER- 380 calories burned

I will do refuel a little later today. How's everyone doing? Enjoy refuel!! I always look forward to Thursday's lol

fc535dc2e14879959a644c833e99d26d.jpg
  • blakexx3
    Sorry haven't been posting but did refuel Thursday and ignition yesterday. Was happy that there was some burn on Thursday. Ignition I thought was good. Looking forward to doing soldier a little later and then enjoying a nice rest period!

Do you guys do this in addition to other workouts? My go to workouts are running and Bikram hot yoga. Still debating if I want to push myself to incorporate these throughout the week or if I want to just focus on this series for now.
  • blakexx3
    Just completed soldier! Still think it's the hardest of the bunch! One week down! :)
  • ValleyHooper
    Yes. I hoop (hula) with a regular hoop and weighted, I do boxing, kickboxing, belly dance, long distance walks, hikes, etc. I have tried yoga before but I am horrible at it. I just do not have the flexibility. I completely shattered my pelvis and have huge screws in them now. So, at times I am limited as to what I can do. For instance my hips pop damn near every time I do deep squats. I probably should try to learn yoga and some good stretches, especially for my hips.

Plyometrics is pretty hard for me with all that jumping. Last week my hip popped really bad and I had to do many of the modifications after. I was sore and took a long, hot bath with epsom salt. I am hoping by week 3 I will be able to do it much better with less pain.

I am proud of you for sticking with it. I have already noticed an improvement this week compared to last. Many of the modifications I did the 1st week I did not have to do this go around. I also started burning more calories than last time. More effort this time around I suppose lol.
  • ValleyHooper
    Just curious...

Does anyone have a favorite exercise from this series so far?

As for me I like.....

Renegade Rows
    Russian Twists
    Dragon Push-ups
    Flying Front Kicks

Just to name a few :)