March-10,000 Steps a day

Replies

• yummimummibear
    yummimummibear Posts: 2 Member
    I would like to join, how do I join in & how do I record my steps? I have no gadget that records my steps. When I have done my 30mins or so of walking what do I do? Do I post on this page or what way does it work?
  • kirobinson54
    kirobinson54 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2017
    Count me in!
  • msaj_mom
    msaj_mom Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in
  • mjones1029
    mjones1029 Posts: 14 Member

exercise.png

count me in!
  • I would like to join this challenge of that is ok? Do I just post each day what steps I've done? Thanks ☺
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    edited February 2017
    Ok, so for those who do not have a fitness tracker you can still do this challenge. As far as tracking goes 10,000 steps roughly comes out to about 5 miles. I'd suggest buying a pedometer, they are not very expensive and it would be a good way to track your steps. There are also apps you can get for your phone to help track your steps and progress. I am not sure how accurate those are since I do not use them.

Here's a pedometer that is under 10 bucks.
    Sportline Digital Distance Tracker Pedometer, Black
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sportline-Digital-Distance-Tracker-Pedometer-Black/27952796

Also, you can walk at home as well. Check out Leslie Sansone on youtube. She even has a 4 mile walk. I like to do her 3 mile walks when the weather is bad, or it's too dark for me to go walk.

As far as checking back on here.... that is up to you. You are more than welcome to keep posting your tickers and check in. I'd love to see your progress. If you guys have any other questions please feel free to ask.

I am ready for Wednesday!!!! Are you? I <3 walking! :) 10,000 steps a day?... OH YES WE CAN!!!

• SThomps99
    SThomps99 Posts: 1 Member
    This is just what I need! I'm in for the March steps challenge!
  • billdwyatt
    billdwyatt Posts: 57 Member
    I have an old fitbit. First model. On the third band. It's still ticking, but I have to charge it pretty frequently. Having had it for awhile I've gotten to where I'm able to guess my steps very accurately without it. For those without a measuring device, I would suggest this... time the number of steps you take in a minute. Average person walking normally does about 100 steps a minute. 10,000 steps is 100 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes. Yours may be a little more or less depending on your stride and speed. I'm exactly average. If I walk 20 minutes I'm within 50 steps of 2,000 almost everytime. The tricky part would be figuring how many steps you walk during the course of the day just doing what you do. On days when I mow the yard, I'll get 10,000 steps in before I'm done. Other days I work at the computer all day and barely hit 2,000. Hope this helps!
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2017
    Becky_45 wrote: »
    I'm in! :smile: Thanks for this reminder of how beneficial walking is! I recently hit another obstacle and had to stop anything strenuous and high impact, so no weights or running. So far recumbent biking hasn't been good for it either. So I have spent the week feeling frustrated, yet trying to remind myself that I lost my first 40 pounds just by eating better and walking 30 mins most days. So many benefits to "just" walking!
    I am in the same boat. However even while running or lifting walking has been my favourite exercise. I can just pick a book on kindle or watch a video and do interval walk for hours! So no running or jog but I would slog my miles here. March for 10,000 steps!

• Pie8
    Pie8 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in :)
  • BorderSpice
    BorderSpice Posts: 14 Member
    Will we be just sharing our daily steps here, or will a challenge pop up on March1st? Sorry for all the questions, I am new to this app.
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Lipstick_chick1960 Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm definitely in....got my fitbit HR on as we speak.....oh.....we didn't speak. ...well. ...you know what i mean.
  • Will we be just sharing our daily steps here, or will a challenge pop up on March1st? Sorry for all the questions, I am new to this app.

I wondered the same thing
  • Gemini24K83
    Gemini24K83 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm in
  • ValleyHooper
    Will we be just sharing our daily steps here, or will a challenge pop up on March1st? Sorry for all the questions, I am new to this app.

I wondered the same thing

You guys can check in here. :smile: If you haven't you might want to bookmark this challenge so it is easier for you to find.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    So I've started a couple of days earlier...there's something about a Monday start date that keeps me motivated.

I did Leslie Sansone's Walk Off Fat Fast.

2 miles at lunch and I just finished the 3 mile walk.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    February 27th : 12000 steps done.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    I generally as a rule get a minimum 15000 a day in.. So you can include me in this!! :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    2/28
    Leslie Sansone's 5 Boosted Miles workout done this morning!
  • ValleyHooper
    @rainbow198 way to go!!!