NSVs --> Non-scale victories ....

l3long
l3long Posts: 153 Member
my love handles are shrinking :-) I have not lost any weight but I am obviously gaining muscle and losing fat because the love handles are definitely smaller

Replies

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Congratulations!
  • l3long
    Anyone else have a nab?
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    edited March 2017
    CONGRATS!!!!

That's similar to a recomp, where fat turns to muscle therefore doesn't show on the scale but you see it in inches and how your clothes fit. Lifting is entirely a different mindset, it does wonders for body composition!
  • l3long
    So inspiring to hear everyone's non-scale victories. The scale still has niot budged but yesterday I ran 5 km with out any walking breaks!!!
  • l3long
    ran 7 km this weekend! getting ready for an 8 km organized run at the end of April.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm the same...My weight isn't fluctuating at all for the past few weeks but I've gained muscle and can see a big difference in my stomach and love handles as well. :smile: It's great to see the result of your hard work huh?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Fitting into those jeans. You know the ones :) Body shape is changing for the better
  • l3long
    Yes ... flatter stomach .... tighter calves .... stronger feeling core!!!

My nsv this week ... ran 7.5 km (4.5 miles) without stopping and in 50 min (11 minutes per mile)

My non-scale goal --> improve my pace ... break 11 min per mile
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    These are awesome and just what I needed to read! I started SL 5x5 in March (in addition to my normal cardio workouts), and the scale hasn't really moved. It's nice to hear of success outside of losing lbs, hopefully something I can look forward to soon!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    I have been told several times I look younger than my 45 years. At first I though it was just hogwash but I think my new weight loss and energy must be showing somehow
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    These are very encouraging to me. Keep them coming. So, my NSV is I hired a personal trainer to help me with my strength training. It's a victory for me because I hate asking for help, but I was wise enough to know I needed it, and brave enough to schedule the appointment. I feel like a winner today.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited June 2017
    1. I have been weight lifting for about a month and a half (after over a year hiatus due to health issues). I am still underweight, and have a BMI of 13. I was advised to see a doctor to assess whether I need nutrition through IV (TPN). The doctor asked me to do some resistance exercises (i.e. I almost pushed him off his chair - and he is a giant! And I don't have to get a TPN at the moment haha.
    2. When I started lifting again, I could barely do one set on a 10lb chest press machine. Yesterday, I was able to do all 3 sets with relative ease.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2017
    NSV: I lost 2 inches from my stomach, 1 inch from derriere and 1/2 inches from arms and thighs after one month! I am elated for my arms as for me they are hardest to reduce. Seems lifting + run and new work outs are working finally.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    1. I have been weight lifting for about a month and a half (after over a year hiatus due to health issues). I am still underweight, and have a BMI of 13. I was advised to see a doctor to assess whether I need nutrition through IV (TPN). The doctor asked me to do some resistance exercises (i.e. I almost pushed him off his chair - and he is a giant! And I don't have to get a TPN at the moment haha.
    2. When I started lifting again, I could barely do one set on a 10lb chest press machine. Yesterday, I was able to do all 3 sets with relative ease.

That's amazing progress!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2017
    I told my personal trainer that I wanted to start working on more free weights since I have the machines pretty much down. Yesterday we started with 20lb deadlifts and bicepcurls/shoulder press combo with 5lb dumbbells. They were tough (especially figuring out the right forms), but I was able to do 3 sets each. My trainer commented on how I wouldn't have been able to do this even a month ago! :smiley: