Beautiful Behaviors - March 2017

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    @mir1104 - Wowzers, sounds tiring 4am! Ew, I hate being cold - But Wonderful Work!!!
    @CT0526 - 12.5 lbs lost - Woo Hoo, that is beyond awesome!
    Everyone - else, reading your posts, keep fighting the good fight and don't be so hard on yourselves. I like reading not only our success stories but the struggles, because it makes me feel not so alone through my own.

Update: Under calories the last 2-3 days but still trying to up my calories a little more. It shouldn't be hard today because I have dinner with my son. I completed 62 minutes of Legs last night, I feel like I could have pushed myself a little harder-but I couldn't find my compression sleeve for my knee.

I'm fasting this morning and since I had a late dinner after the gym - I'm gonna need you to pray for me because I may get "hangry" LOL Me: Girl, why you do this to yourself! :smiley:

Thought for the day: You didn't come this far only to come this far.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Good morning all:

Ides of March and a new resolve. I HAVE to get this in hand. I need to dedicate myself 24/7 to my beginning goals.

I have slipped into all of my most un-beautiful behaviors. Over eating, distracted eating, not logging, no affirmations....back on Facebook wasting time and becoming unfocused. Ad nauseum.

I need to get excited about taking care of me again. How could I have let that go? No more. I have verbally b*tch slapped myself into reality.

Getting back on my treadmill and putting that baby on a major incline! I'm going to become a real bad a** with this thing. IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a lovely sunshiny day, now. (curtsy)

KIm
  • minimel_99
    minimel_99 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi everyone, I have been horrible with my self care in the past, so much so that 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with diabetes. Although I need to lose about 60 pounds to establish a healthy BMI, I dont want that to be my focus. I want to achieve overall health and I've found seeing other people's posts on my feed have really helped me stay motivated.

My goal this week is to exercise twice a day for at least 20 min each and add at least 3 more MFP friends to help me stay motivated.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    @minimel_99 I'm so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. That's a tough one! My son has been Type 1 diabetic since he was a tiny guy, only 3 years old, and I know how exhausting it is to always be diligent and keep it under control. Good luck!

My beautiful behavior plan today: Focus on eating mindfully, tasting and enjoying my food, not wolfing it down at my desk between phone calls, or eating absentmindedly while reading.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    @minimel_99 , I am a Type 1 diabetic. Feel free to ask any questions, and pm me if you prefer. it's not the end of the world, and yet it certainly feels like it. i remember when i was diagnosed. hugs!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    @trailgirl777 - what day are we on? I'm getting Shakey determination! But I still have calories left for supper, not many, but some!
  • happysherri
    @aleahurst - We just got 6 XL variety of fresh pizzas and I sat there and turned them all down and ate a small salad with veggies!!!! You can do it! LOL Did I mention it was free?! My office constantly tests my willpower! Oh, and they have Free Reese's cups, kit kats, smarties, twizzlers, tootsie rolls, etc!!!!!!!!!

^^^This is what I deal with, free food, donuts, cake and candy. It's hard, but I know I will have my "splurge" meal this weekend - so it may end up being pizza, we'll see. :wink:

@minimel_99 - I like how you set your exercise up in 20 minute intervals twice a day. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with doing it all at once. You can do it!
  • jessiquoi
    @happysherri, you are awesome! i don't think i could EVER resist pizza.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    @trailgirl777 - thank you for the encouragement. I know that once I get started, I'll gain momentum and it'll be easier.
    My beautiful behavior for tomorrow: Indulge in some overdue me time! :)
  • aleahurst
    I think this is day 6 of our 6-day challenge. It had better be! It is close, and Google Fit hasn't given me my calories burned for hitting my thumb with the hammer. Whew!

@happysherri - Good job staying out of the pizza! Office jobs are like that. Food is reward. but you know? Healthy food can be rewarding too!

@mir1104 - I'm about to look up nori on amazon. It sounds yummy! My doc lets me eat all the sodium I want and nori sounds so salty crunchy good!

The bees don't sting me. They only sting my son. Bee stings have natural steroid in them, so when my son is hurting with rheumatoid arthritis, he takes fewer precautions and takes the stings. They buzz right past me.

@CT0526 - Your hubby diets with you? that is sooo very good!

@jessiquoi - Are you still walking to was it the mail box or stop sign and back? Or is it too cold?

And hello @KimF0715 ! Nice to see you back! Yes it is easy to slip out of taking care of yourself. I prefer to think of it as a "vacation" from self care. We all need one at the rate that our minds and bodies say to take one!

@minimel_99 - Hello! You are ambitious, and you seem to have the right idea! This group helps me stay motivated.

@AlisalGal - What area do you live in? Our bees are awake for the year here! My son just took my two best hives and sent them to live in a soy bean field. :/ I miss them!

@rdevol - yeah, what you said. I'm going to do some me time tomorrow, too!

My beautiful behaviors for tomorrow:
    1. Sing while I work. Haven't done that in a long long time. Nobody here will mind. Polka Dot? Mauroo? Nope. they both intend to sleep all day
    2. Get a good night's sleep
    3. Tell the old fart in the mirror that I still love her.
    4. Get some personal paperwork done so that I stop worrying about it.

Love to all

Lea
  • trailgirl777
    trailgirl777 Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2017
    @aleahurst you are right it is day 6 of 6 & we did it!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Plans for new and improved motivation are on hold.

Sudden death in the family last night. Absolutely devastated. I will be in touch.

Kim
  • happysherri
    @jessiquoi - I almost caved, there was left over pizza and 1 piece of veggie pizza would have fit into my day. However I didn't want it to throw off my macros.
    @aleahurst and @trailgirl777 - Amazing job, you did it! Hopefully you feel empowered and proud!
    @KimF0715 - Prayers and good vibes coming your way. I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself, don't worry we will be here.

Update: Had dinner with my son last night - I stayed under my calories aside from all of the pizza and mac and cheese obstacles! My son ordered 2 full meals, he is 6'2 and thin. To be fair he only ate about half of the second meal and took the rest home. Yesterday was rest day - much needed. Tonight I think is back and biceps.

Oh, and with my strict eating and hard workouts you'd think I lost all of this weight - Nope! I weigh the same that I've weighed for the past 3 weeks. But I'm not discouraged because my body is visually changing all the time - so much muscle and definition. ***Girl, DON'T LET THE NUMBER ON THAT SCALE DEFINE YOU!***

Thought for the day: You don't have to go fast, you just have to go.
  • jessiquoi
    Lea, I've not walked in a while because it's so cold and now full of snow. BUT i did go to yoga, and i'm going again tomorrow and sunday. thanks for asking! <3
  • jessiquoi
    Kim, my condolences on your loss. Please remember to take care of yourself. <3
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    Kim, I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope all is well with you. @aleahurst, I'm in Spokane WA, and until recently had snow and ice (literally! just last week! but it's pretty much melted away now). The bees are not out yet at all. The only time anyone has been stung is when harvesting honey, and my husband likes to work without gloves. He gets the occasional sting on his hands; I've never been stung.

Beautiful Behavior: FINALLY I've lost a pound. Good grief every ounce is a battle for me. Work is really stressful today but I came armed with my secret weapon: apples! Do I want a Twix bar? Hell yes. But I want my tan suede skirt to fit even more.
  • jessiquoi
    @AlisalGal , congrats on the loss and the willpower!

i've still not started tracking (i wish one of you were close enough to literally kick me in the butt!) but i have been eating clean the last few days and the scale went back down. hallelujah!
  • aleahurst
    edited March 2017
    Jess! I would come over and hug you! I know, no help here!

Kim - so sorry for your loss. Please be kind to you while you grieve.

Don't let the number on the scale define who you are. I'm working on it, but sometimes it sneaks in!

congrats on the pound Alisalgal!!!! You know that's really two pounds. The pound you didn't gain + the pound you lost = 2. Trust me the math is right.

I'm on my splurge day and I'm having Parmesan topping on EVERYTHING. mmmm.

and I do feel empowered. :) Thank you Sherry. Thank you Trailgirl777

Today's two little personal tasks turned into an all day chore. I would tell all about it, but then I would relive it. nope.

Tomorrow's beautiful behaviors:
    1. Relationships - Send little "i love you" texts to my Sunday School Class
    2. Spiritual - Pray over some folks here and some folks there (let me know if you need your name added)
    3. Hydration - Drink more water. really. I feel a challenge coming on.
    4. Sleep - Set aside 6-10 hours of quiet time!
    5. Mental - Get outside and breathe the crisp air
    6. Physical - Get out side and breathe the crisp air. looks familiar...

Enough of that, my next challenge is to drink (consistently) at least 8 cups of water per day for (deep breath, contorted face) 6 (six) days! Who's up for doing this with me? @CT0526 ? @trailgirl777 ? @jessiquoi ?

Love to all,

Lea
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    @aleahurst I'm in on the water challenge. I've had at least 8 cups of water everyday this week and I've stayed well within my calorie goals. I have two cups of coffee in the morning and water for the rest of the day. Not buying diet coke saves money on groceries and dining out!
  • aleahurst
    Awesome! Anyone else?