Beautiful Behaviors - March 2017

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    me! i'll do the water challenge with you.
  • jessiquoi
    i just tracked my breakfast. maybe i'm out of the woods! :)
  • Wow, I just found this thread and I love reading what everyone has to say!
    I need to work on this, I have a bad habit of putting everyone else first and leaving myself behind. :cry:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    @AlisalGal - Congrats! Woot Woot!!!!
    @jessiquoi - way to go, tracked something. Drop and give me 20 - (in my butt kicking voice lol) Just start small - day 1 commit to tracking 1 meal, the next 1 meal and a snack and so on.
    @aleahurst - Yay, water! It's done wonders for me.
    @Butts_Boys_and_Burgers_ohmy - Yes, it's about mental well being, some forget that on their crazy path to weight loss or nutrition and exercise. Recognizing that you need to have "you" time is important. I learned it the hard way.

Update: It's Friday!!! and Happy St. Patty's Day. Last night I completed 78 minutes of back and biceps, wanna arm wrestle lol. I will be changing things up a bit next week. I've been following this program for a while and my body has adapted. Mainly my nutrition will be changing.

Goals: Today and the weekend -
    -Let things go: I tend to hang on to situations and feeling too long.
    -Eat more whole fruit and veggies: already started with veggie salad the last 2 days
    -Do my taxes: their not that hard but I just hate doing them. I even will get money back.
    -Enjoy my "splurge" meal - lately I have felt like cutting it out, but I enjoy planning them each week.
    -Get out this weekend - when it's cold I tend to hibernate on the weekends and there's so much fun stuff out there!

Thought for the day: Take pride in how far you've come and have faith in how far you can go.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    @happysherri: I know exactly what you mean about taxes. It hangs over my head every year. Always happy to get it done - good luck with yours!

My beautiful behavior for this weekend: Rededicate myself to healthy eating. I'm going to do meal planning and food prep so I can make better choices next week instead of the bad choices I made this week and eating on the fly.

Happy St. Patty's Day! May you all have the luck of the Irish today!
  • jessiquoi
    hey hey hey, i tracked lunch AND my one hour yoga class this morning! woohoo, i think i've got it back under control. feeling good. Sherri, just get the darn taxes done, and then give yourself a treat for doing them.

Happy St. Paddy's to you all. Are you wearing green? I'm not, i'm all in my black yoga clothes still. Maybe later.

i am thinking of going to yoga again tomorrow and sunday. yay!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Woo! Yeah Jess!
  • aleahurst
    I squish when I walk, BUT, I drank 8 cups of water today!!! Woo!
    Happy St Patrick's Day to all.

:)
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    @jessiquoi Great job tracking yesterday! Keep it up!

@aleahurst I had ten plus glasses of water yesterday. I drink a little extra on days I'm on the treadmill.

Went to a wonderful dinner last night with some friends I hadn't seen in 15+ years. The food was served tapas style but was like comfort italian food. It was delicious! I did pretty good on the calories just taking a taste from each dish. The roasted brussel sprouts were incredible!

Today I will try to stay near my calorie goal. We have a wedding party tonight so that may be difficult. I'll get on the treadmill this morning to try and earn myself a tasty beverage for tonight!

Good luck with Beautiful Behaviors today!
  • jessiquoi
    Good morning, everyone! I tracked my food all day yesterday and ended up under my calorie goal! I'm psyched, and back in the game.

It's a grey day here, not motivating me to go out. i was going to go to yoga, but neither of my friends are going today and i'm not quite there yet to go by myself. i will go tomorrow, which makes two days this week as opposed to one day last week, and shoot for three days next week.

i finished the shawl i was crocheting, and started a new project... an infinity scarf, made with very funky yarn. i'll post a picture of it sometime soon.
  • BradleysMommy22
    BradleysMommy22 Posts: 8 Member
    Can I pretty please join? I so need this.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Thank you for the words of support. I really appreciate them.

It is my way to feel guilty .... taking care of myself when something so awful has happened. How can I think of myself at a time like this? It's hard to shake 45 years of conditioning. My Italian heritage makes grief a very very complicated thing.

But, I've decided to keep logging and keep myself in check.

Actually, I tried to complete my diary on the very next day, but because I fell so short in calories, it wouldn't let me complete it. I guess this is a good thing. They don't want to encourage under-eating. I really had no appetite at all that day. I have been better since.

I even let my husband take me to get corned beef and cabbage yesterday. Eating out, with music playing, during a time of grief...when someone has died? Very taboo. When I was a child, even watching television for a time was not approved. But we went out anyway...for just a little while. Thankfully, the place we went had a quieter room, away from all of the celebrations. Lots of families, with children, wearing their green. Cute.

I don't want my daughter, who is 12, to learn that very same guilt. Respect and reverence for the situation, yes. Guilt? No.

The worst part...is that I was just coming out of this, from the last time it happened....just three months ago.

When I'm up to it, I'll explain what happened. Just awful...heartbreaking.

I'll be in touch. In the meantime, go get 'em everybody!

Love,
    Kim
  • zzmdfh
    zzmdfh Posts: 3 Member
    Love this thread. Awesome way to help motivate. Weight loss for me has been a journey over the last 15 years. So discouraging to have once been in the 130's and now in the 240's (which I just reached 248 from 260 this morning) YAY me!! Taking time to be me and take care of me has also been a struggle but I am working on it, one day at a time, one pound at a time, and a few extra steps each day.
  • aleahurst
    Hi, @BradleysMommy22 ! Welcome.

Yay, Jess! I love infinity scarves. I can't figure out how they are done, but I love the way they drape.

Kim - the way you grieve is the right way for you to grieve. Your body, mind, and spirit directs you in the right way. Hang in there.

@zzmdfh - Welcome! We're a diverse group. You are going to fit right in. Yay! On the weight loss!

Well. I didn't sleep last night. I stayed in bed, but no sleep. So, I was in bed until noon, trying to rest. Of note, April the giraffe was also having difficulty sleeping. Her mate was snoozing, but she wasn't comfortable!

Love to all.

Sherry - I like your thoughts for the day!

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    lea... lol about april the giraffe! i've got an eye on her too. here's a picture of the scarf i'm working on

cuxr6nt3gdqx.jpg

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    To all: Good Saturday. And welcome newcomers.

Update: I had my splurge meal last night, deep dish pizza, bread and peanut buster parfait.
    I'm going out tonight with a coworker to dinner and watch a small band play. I never go out like this. Not the normal, but I need to get out more. It will be fun. I will just have to be ok with going over calories again, because ya know, I'm gonna live life. :) *however I did do 37 of HIIT CARDIO today
    Was somewhat productive today, got my oil changed and returned a scale that said my fat percentage is at morbidly obese, haha I'm not! Inaccurate! I'm just going to have the doc range my fat percentage for accuracy.

Thought for the day: Don't count the days make the days count. ** This is why I'm getting out tonight because I usually say no.
  • jessiquoi
    day 2 of tracking everything! yoga tomorrow. i'm back in the swing.

have fun, Sherri!
  • aleahurst
    Good colors in the scarf Jess. It might just be the photo, but it looks like pastel blue with pastel pink "eyelashes"? Congrats on getting back into your personal best! Yoga AND tracking AND 8 cups water!

8 cups of water down! whew.

Give us a report Sherry!
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    I felt motivated today! I tracked all my meals and snacks, did some fun new exercise videos on YouTube and hopped on the stationary bike for an episode of "Rectify" on NetFlix. The crocuses are blooming! The sun is shining (between cloudbursts). I'm feeling downright cheerful -- thank you, spring!
  • sisiirvin
    sisiirvin Posts: 2 Member
    Hi ladies, I would really love to join your group. Your messages are very inspiring and motivational, something I've lacked for a while. I've had trouble being consistent with logging meals daily and eating healthier meals, it gets tedious and overwhelming. Been on this weight loss journey for 6 months only lost 5 lbs, whoot whoot. Anyone impressed yet, lol. Self Care is important to me and one thing that is going to be my number one priority from now on. thanks agains ladies for the reminder to LOVE yourself first.