50 shades darker

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Adam, you should watch the notebook too. I was made to watch it.

I've actually seen that, funnily enough! lol
  • FitJulian
    FitJulian Posts: 27 Member
    The best way to rate it: Was it still a better love story than Twilight?

UP told a better love story in its first four minutes than the whole of the Twilight Saga
  • Pamela_43
    Pamela_43 Posts: 315 Member
    I thought it was trying to romaticize abuse. Not of the woman but of the man. She chose it...he was functioning the only way he could. That's sad to me.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2017
    While I am not, vanilla I'm not; vile either & thus I've no interest in, viewing this ill treatment of; people! To me it'd be, like watching a glorified sexual version of; Roots & to me consensual slavery's a, slap in the face to; those that're/were slaves whether, sexual or not. Plus it, also minimizes their; suffering because someone's then able to excuse it as not being so bad since, people consent to; being treated this way.

I have to say that to some people it is not a consent thing but a sex thing. There are a lot of people that like bondage, it is their turn on go to place to play and let loose in a private setting. If both partners are willing there is no slavery involved, it is however another avenue for enjoying sex just like using toys are or having sex in public.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    While I am not, vanilla I'm not; vile either & thus I've no interest in, viewing this ill treatment of; people! To me it'd be, like watching a glorified sexual version of; Roots & to me consensual slavery's a, slap in the face to; those that're/were slaves whether, sexual or not. Plus it, also minimizes their; suffering because someone's then able to excuse it as not being so bad since, people consent to; being treated this way.

I have to say that to some people it is not a consent thing but a sex thing. There are a lot of people that like bondage, it is their turn on go to place to play and let loose in a private setting. If both partners are willing there is no slavery involved, it is however another avenue for enjoying sex just like using toys are or having sex in public.

It's a fetish... like feet and wearing cartoon costumes. To each their own. I say get your freak on anyway you want as long as it's consensual.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited March 2017

Huh? This is like saying you dont agree with consensual sex because it minimizes the horror of rape. Your saying that my partner and I, who are both consenting adults, cant live out our fantasies because it may make someone else (who has absolutely nothing to do with what we are doing) feel bad? What if we dont tell them about it? Would that be more acceptable? There is a HUGE difference between actions taken by consenting adults and situations forced on people.

I've read the books and I saw the first movie. Really not with it.
    this movie is so different then the real life of BDSM

Soooo much this.
    Its was completely boring! I expected way more.

My wife's exact words lol
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017

Morgaen73 wrote: »

Huh? This is like saying you dont agree with consensual sex because it minimizes the horror of rape. Your saying that my partner and I, who are both consenting adults, cant live out our fantasies because it may make someone else (who has absolutely nothing to do with what we are doing) feel bad? What if we dont tell them about it? Would that be more acceptable? There is a HUGE difference between actions taken by consenting adults and situations forced on people.

Soooo much this.

As I've said I am not vanilla but why'd someone desire to, pretend to be a rape victim via; "play rape"?

For instance we hospitalize anorexics despite, their consent to; starve themselves & thus their extreme behavior also minimizes the, suffering of people whom're truly starving without; it being a choice! 1 could become desensitized to the plight of starvation by indicating that since, there're people whom choose to starve themselves then; starving isn't a problem!

@Morgaen73 plus healthy sex isn't a, prerequisite to; rape. Just like, drinking water isn't to; drowning!
  • DeficitDuchess
    I suspect someone is actually more vanilla than they think they are.

Choosing not to be disrespectful of, victim's plights via mocking them; isn't being vanilla!
  • DeficitDuchess

Soooo much this.

As I've said I am not vanilla but why'd someone desire to, pretend to be a rape victim via; "play rape"?

For instance we hospitalize anorexics despite, their consent to; starve themselves & thus their extreme behavior also minimizes the, suffering of people whom're truly starving without; it being a choice! 1 could become desensitized to the plight of starvation by indicating that since, there're people whom choose to starve themselves then; starving isn't a problem!

@Morgaen73 plus healthy sex isn't a, prerequisite to; rape. Just like, drinking water isn't to; drowning!

I have a friend who was abused by her uncle and she and her boyfriend partake in rape play. It is her way of dealing with it. Who are you to judge?

Talking about water, we are in a severe draught. Our city literally has enough water for 3 more months and it is not our rainy season. Are you going to empty your pool and stop showering now because showering desensitizes you to our plight?

Let me be honest. I enjoy getting the *kitten* flogged out of me. Helps me work through some of my own crap and my wife enjoys flogging me. Again, who are you to judge or imply that it is wrong because somewhere in some place I am completely unaware of someone is actually being whipped against their will?

Well then why's it, okay to; institutionalize anorexics because their starving themselves might, help them deal with; their self image?
  • PL4TNM
    PL4TNM Posts: 85 Member
    There was definetly a side of cheesy served up with the first one (haven't seen the second) but I'm getting out my shovel 'cuz I was diggin' it.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member

Soooo much this.

I have a friend who was abused by her uncle and she and her boyfriend partake in rape play. It is her way of dealing with it. Who are you to judge?

Talking about water, we are in a severe draught. Our city literally has enough water for 3 more months and it is not our rainy season. Are you going to empty your pool and stop showering now because showering desensitizes you to our plight?

Let me be honest. I enjoy getting the *kitten* flogged out of me. Helps me work through some of my own crap and my wife enjoys flogging me. Again, who are you to judge or imply that it is wrong because somewhere in some place I am completely unaware of someone is actually being whipped against their will?

Well then why's it, okay to; institutionalize anorexics because their starving themselves might, help them deal with; their self image?

Uhm perhaps because they are harming themselves? I have no idea why your laws are the way they are. I can tell you it has absolutely buggerall to do with starving children in Africa.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    The best way to rate it: Was it still a better love story than Twilight?

Well, it was a direct rip=off of Twilight, so it's tough to say. Both are insulting to the idea of literature and movies.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

It's a fetish... like feet and wearing cartoon costumes. To each their own. I say get your freak on anyway you want as long as it's consensual.

None of this is why people consider the relationship abusive.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member

Soooo much this.

Two totally different things. When two people are having consensual sex, they are not hurting one another, they are participating in an act that both want. Just a little judgmental in my opinion but that is what the interwebs are for.
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    dcresider wrote: »
    They are the silliest books I've ever read and the movies are fun but brainless. If you want good erotica movie watch the 80's movie, 9 1/2 Weeks, when Mickey Rourke looked great before all his plastic surgeries. (By no means am I promoting physical or mental abuse. This was one of those movies I happened to watch back when).

Love, Love, LOVE 9 1/2 Weeks! Much better than 50 Shades, books or movies. They dropped the ball when casting Jamie Dornan...should've been Ian Somerhalder HANDS DOWN!! Who in hell would drool over Dornan?
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    I read the books, I can't say I was impressed but they were good enough to have me complete the trilogy.

IMHO the movie (I only saw the first) was extremely mis-cast. Anastasia was a somewhat flighty, silly girl in the books, all that "Inner goddess" stuff. Dakota Johnson played her as a sulky teenager. Christian is described as thin and moody (maybe Dakota Johnson should have played that part?) Jamie Duran seemed to be laughing inside and not at all sulky. He also didn't fit the physical description in the book.

I thought some of the sets were awful, when does a luxury hotel room look like a 1950's rumpus room? In 50 Shades of Grey.

I'll probably see the second one when it's available on DVD...from the library. Can't see myself paying to see it.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    I'm constructing my new red room at this very moment
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member

I think you are confused about eating disorders, slavery and sub/dom agreements.

BTW you really shouldn't comment on other peoples fetishes as vile. Especially when you can't grasp the concept of being in a consenting adult relationship.