Journey begins

Options
lisabee18
lisabee18 Posts: 27 Member
I am new here and EM2WL ethos and l have read most of literature and videos on YouTube. I wish l had found this forum earlier. I am long time dieter eating 1500 and less for past 6years and was a cardio junkie. Progress has stalled the past few months. I even went on VLCD of 800cals (crazy l know) for a couple of weeks and it didnt work

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's like a whole new world when you first find EM2WL but it makes so much sense.
    Are you going to start with a metabolic reset?
  • megrosborne
    megrosborne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've bounced around here a lot and there is so much info it can seem a bit overwhelming. It's not at all though, once you have your numbers (if you read the stickies posted they will help you figure out your tdee - be prepared to tweak this as they are all estimates) you're good to go.
    Good luck and welcome (from someone who is also just starting out here. Again ;)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! I'm nervous upping my calories... not quite ready to eat at 2350 so I'm trying 2100 for the next couple weeks. I've been eating at 1640 and not eating workout calories then I look back and think of the insanity I've been fighting with for the last several years and hope this will help me. I really enjoy Zumba and am now looking at adding weights into my routine.

Or should I just jump all the way up? I don't want to eat empty calories... like most people today I am overwhelmed by all the information and second guess what I should eat. Anyone else experiencing this?

Please share your thoughts.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    It took me three jumps to get my calories up from 1750ish to 2250ish. I had a hard time believing that I was really burning as many calories/day as the scale was telling me. But it kept telling me the same thing and I eventually got close enough to believe it and make the final jump.

If you feel more comfortable increasing to 2100 for a couple of weeks before jumping to 2350, it's not going to hurt. And seeing that nothing crazy happens at 2100 will probably make you feel better about jumping higher.
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Hi @Firefly0606 l am starting with full metabolism reset. Increasing calories by 100 every 3days or so. I have mentally prepared myself for weight gain at the same time looking forward to NSV's.

@megrosborne thanks, l have starter kit and joined the FB group too, i will contine to ask questions when l get overwhelmed.

@Kkmama l feel your anxiety. I am starting to plan my meals and foods l will eat when l am getting to 1500 upwards. I think eating real food and supplimenting with good quality protein shakes. If your tummy can handle a full jump upwards l think you can. I know mine wont as l was on this silly VLCD for past 2months so taking it slow.
  • lisabee18
    Options
    I have been increasing calories slowly every 3 days by 100. Now at 1200 thinking of jumping to 1400 tomorrow and stay there for a week. *NSV* wore my size 12 (UK)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @lisabee18
    Taking it nice and slow is key. The mental shifts that happen are far more important than the caloric shifts. Go slow, read lots, ask questions. We are here:)

Kelly
    Team Em2WL
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Welcome @lisabee18 ! I love this group and all it's taught me!
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Thanks @Raynn1 and @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 wish l had known about this a few years back but heyi never too late
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Been binge watching EM2WL YouTube videos by KiKi and happy to report my mindset is changing and learning how to fit or incorporate protein in my meals and snacks. Thanks EM2WL team keep the good work up
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    lisabee18 wrote: »
    Been binge watching EM2WL YouTube videos by KiKi and happy to report my mindset is changing and learning how to fit or incorporate protein in my meals and snacks. Thanks EM2WL team keep the good work up

Awesome! Glad to hear this!
    Mindset shifts are so important to success. Please share any aha! Moments of mental breakthroughs you have as it may help others reading this.

Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Started Journey on 7th March 2017
    Weight : 11st 11lb / 75kg approx
    Calories: 800 (stupidly low
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gosh, @lisabee - I eat that for breakfast! I'm glad you've found a place that encourages you to eat, and nurture your body. Guess what? Nurturing your body nurtures your soul too. :smile:
  • lisabee18
    Options
    It was terrible @zanyzana
  • empressichel
    Options
    Started Journey on 7th March 2017
    Weight : 11st 11lb / 75kg approx
    Calories: 800 (stupidly low

I came to EM2WL from around the same amount of calories.
    What made you set them at that, and what made you want to change it? (So glad you did )
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    *Sorry for late reply, been away for a bit.*
    I was doing the Cambridge weightloss plan @empressichel and thats not the lowest stage. The initial stage is at 450-600cals a day, stupid
  • empressichel
    Options
    *Sorry for late reply, been away for a bit.*
    I was doing the Cambridge weightloss plan @empressichel and thats not the lowest stage. The initial stage is at 450-600cals a day, stupid

Oh wow! I didn't know it went that low! :o:'(
    How are you finding EM2WL so far? Any positives (or negatives) to report! We like to hear it all! the good, the bad and the ugly! B)
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    The journey has been liberating so far!! Started to love eating carbs slowly now l cant imagine a meal without any carbs
  • empressichel
    Options
    The journey has been liberating so far!! Started to love eating carbs slowly now l cant imagine a meal without any carbs

Oh me and carbs are BFF.
    Took me a long time to become friends with protein though.
    Glad your journey so far is going well.
    Love hearing your updates! Keep them coming!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • lisabee18
    Options
    Need help today, noticed that my thighs are rubbing against each other