40 something mom making time for me

I'm a single mom of two in my late 40s. I work two jobs. So finding time for me is hard to do. Looking for others who need support and encouragement. Anyone willing to be a MFP friend and us help each of us get to a healthier better place. I am 40 plus pounds over the normal healthy weight. Please feel free to add me

Replies

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Added
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I will send you a friend request. I'm in my late 40s with five kids and I work at home. I'm trying to lose 25 lbs.
  • MyTimeNishka
    MyTimeNishka Posts: 23 Member
    I'm 40 and a single mom of 2 with alot to lose and needing the accountability to get it done
  • Tracey628
    Tracey628 Posts: 20 Member
    Im 43, need to lose 35 ...reallybstruggling but post everyday .i don't know how to add people but you can add me !!
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    thanks ladies - I have added each of you. I hope we can support each other and get going on the right track to this journey to a healthier us. now to figure out a better exercise plan. any ideas on 15-20 minute cardio plan that you enjoy. I did Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred when I first joined the group back in 13-14. It does work might have to pull that out and start doing this in the mornings before work. When do you choose to exercise? Mornings or nights and which is working best for you?
  • MyTimeNishka
    Morning exercises are sure to get done
  • ElizabethHooper1225
    ElizabethHooper1225 Posts: 24 Member
    Add me. I'm 41 mom of one. Full-time wife, mother and have a full-time job. Feel like I never have time for me. We can support each other
  • MyTimeNishka
    How's everyone doing?
  • jenstripl
    jenstripl Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me too! :-)
  • JewelsB582016
    JewelsB582016 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Please add me as well. Mom of one full time career and would like to get support from like ladies to keep up my clean eating and exercise. Looking to shed 30 lbs and live healthier!! Who is with me? Let's rock this!!!

• meganpace80
    meganpace80 Posts: 1 Member
    feel free to add me too, I'm also down south. 3 kids also.
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi,I am 49 years old and mom of two teenage girls.I know exactly how you feel about "me time ". We all need some. :)
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Feel free to add me, mom of 3, work full time..
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Hi. I'm 48 with 2 young children. Need to loose 50lbs to be in healthy range. Would love more me time! I tend to overeat when tired which is often. Good luck to you all and feel free to add me
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Hello ladies, just wondering how you're all doing. Managing to find some me time? How about the healthy eating and exercise?
    I'm doing ok for now -I've set myself a calorie allowance that's not too strict and actually find I'm doing better. I don't go off the rails as often as I used to when my allowance was smaller. I used to go over regularly then just keep eating as I was "over it anyway ".
    Have a nice day /weekend everyone.
  • Heatherpuggy2018
    Heatherpuggy2018 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi All - I am a 48year old mother who has decided to make this year "my" year after years of looking after everyone else. I have at least 60lb to lose - very happy to be added by you
  • Bluebell2325
    Bluebell2325 Posts: 103 Member
    I'm a not quite 40 mum of 2 (12 and 10) with a stash of exercise DVDs and saved uTube videos to squish into any spare 15 minutes I find between being cook, nurse, agony aunt, cleaner, coordinator, referee, answer phone service, financier, taxi driver, etc, etc. During the day while they're at school I get off lightly and go to work, I'm an accountant. In those spare 15 minutes each day I am me (Mel) and I quite like being me!!!!
  • MyTimeNishka
    Morning everyone!! How is it going?!
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Awesome to see ladies in a similar stage in life. I 41 with 4 kiddos, job and school I feel so much better when I give myself time but it is always the first to go. Any of you please feel free to add me! I have used mfp on and off for the last almost 5 years. With it I am happier and healthier. The support helps me stay consistent with it. How is everyone doing this summer?
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Morning everyone!! How is it going?!

Good morning!