Help me lose 2inches bellyfat

Options
alisajjadshah
alisajjadshah Posts: 22 Member
ofg9q9pm10ev.jpg
Hello all.
I am 5'10" 29years old
My goal is to lose 2 inches of belly fat and gain muscles. Have been hitting gym for a month and seeing results in building all areas. I do abs exercise 3times with bicep tricep and shoulder day. But cant see any reshlts. Might be they are building up under belly fat. Though i feel that part hard now.
Any suggestion so i can get rid of that 2 inches belly fat.
Diet includes 6brawn bread 2 eggs and tea in brkfast.
Black cofee aftr an hour folowed by an aple. Aftr gym i take a protein scoop in milk. And one bread(naan) with curry.
And a cup or green tea.
Am i going right?

Replies

• nooneyuk88
    nooneyuk88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduct fat, which essentially means you can't decide where the fat comes off, it will not mater how many sit up, planks or dead bugs you do.

I feel you pain brother I'm trying to lose 6 pounds to have some abs for my wedding and while I'm working out my absolute focus is my diet. E.g. I've moved from English tea to fruit tea to save 100 calories a day on milk.

Set mfp to put you into a calorie deficit and the count your calories. If your still not losing weight you will probably need to start weighing your food as most people underestimate how many calories they are eating. Remember any sugary drinks or sugar in your tea count towards your total calories.

Increasing your exercise will be good for your general health but diet is the biggest element to weight loss.

It may help to increase your muscle mass, as it will increase your BMR but it is hard, some say impossible to build muscle while in deficit. I'm not really qualified or experienced enough to comment but some folks may suggest you start a progressive lifting program.

My only comment is 6 bits if brown bread for breakfast seems like a lot. If you got rid of a few of them that would probably help.

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You need a calorie deficit to lose fat. Otherwise you can try recomposition, which will be more favorable to muscle growth, but the fat loss will take longer. Did you already find your maintenance calorie level?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Eat in a caloric deficit and it will eventually go away. There's no way to "spot reduce" fat, and for men the abdomen/belly is often the last place it comes off. No exercise or particular diet will speed the process up.
  • alisajjadshah
    Options
    nooneyuk88 wrote: »
    You cannot spot reduct fat, which essentially means you can't decide where the fat comes off, it will not mater how many sit up, planks or dead bugs you do.

I feel you pain brother I'm trying to lose 6 pounds to have some abs for my wedding and while I'm working out my absolute focus is my diet. E.g. I've moved from English tea to fruit tea to save 100 calories a day on milk.

Set mfp to put you into a calorie deficit and the count your calories. If your still not losing weight you will probably need to start weighing your food as most people underestimate how many calories they are eating. Remember any sugary drinks or sugar in your tea count towards your total calories.

Increasing your exercise will be good for your general health but diet is the biggest element to weight loss.

It may help to increase your muscle mass, as it will increase your BMR but it is hard, some say impossible to build muscle while in deficit. I'm not really qualified or experienced enough to comment but some folks may suggest you start a progressive lifting program.

My only comment is 6 bits if brown bread for breakfast seems like a lot. If you got rid of a few of them that would probably help.
    Best wishes for your wedding and best of luck with your goals.
    I do heavy lifting as much as i can lift. In each exercise.
    I try not to eat junk. Ice creams or sodt drinks. I totaly avoid all. And sugar as well. Only sugar i consume is in brkfast tea.
    Acording to this APP. I consune about 1600-2000 calories a day.
    I loss two kg weight in this month and built muscles as well... But cant see prominent change in belly.
    And i do heavy breakfast bczmy next meals comes after long time. Like 6-8 hours. Thats one time either you say lunch or dinner. In between i just take black coffee and fruit.
  • alisajjadshah
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    You need a calorie deficit to lose fat. Otherwise you can try recomposition, which will be more favorable to muscle growth, but the fat loss will take longer. Did you already find your maintenance calorie level?

Hello
    I take 1600-2000 calories a day. Is that fine? And i dont know about recomposition. If you can explain in easy words. That would be great.
    I loss 2kg in this month and gained muscls as well. Bt not prominent results on belly.
  • nooneyuk88
    nooneyuk88 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    As anvilhead and I have said the belly fat is often the last place to go for men

Recomp developed muscle and lowers body fat while maintaining the same weight. It can take a lot longer to see results though.

I think that if you are loosing 2kg in a month then just keep doing what your doing as it seems to be working. I think in about 2-3 months time you may start to see abs.

More cardio might speed things up but increasing your surplus as long as you are not eating back the calories, however, you are currently at a healthy weight loss.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options

Hello
    I take 1600-2000 calories a day. Is that fine? And i dont know about recomposition. If you can explain in easy words. That would be great.
    I loss 2kg in this month and gained muscls as well. Bt not prominent results on belly.

Yes, losing 2 kg a month is a good pace. Most men store fat on their belly, and will often be the last place the fat leaves. That is due to genetics. Some men have to get to a very low body fat (<10%) before abs become visible. If you keep doing what you're doing, you will eventually get there. Working your abs will not help you lose fat, but it may make your abs look more muscular once the fat is gone and you can see them.

General advice:
    Keep your protein intake up to at least 1.8 g/kg of body weight, and your dietary fat up to at least 0.77 g/kg of body weight. This will help you retain/build muscle while you are losing fat. Read through everything here to increase your knowledge: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1

Get on a good lifting program so that you are not wasting time in the gym with inefficient workouts:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Recomposition is just eating the amount of calories that let you maintain your current weight while training hard:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
    This will allow you to build more muscle than you can while losing weight, but the downside is that the fat loss is slower.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    The problem we all have, if you lose weight it is in the places you either do not like, or find unimportant ... never where you want it ... instead of the "heavy lifting" try to up the amount of reps, which "might" assist the fat burn ... again, the magic word being "might"
  • alisajjadshah
    Options

Hello

Yes, losing 2 kg a month is a good pace. Most men store fat on their belly, and will often be the last place the fat leaves. That is due to genetics. Some men have to get to a very low body fat (<10%) before abs become visible. If you keep doing what you're doing, you will eventually get there. Working your abs will not help you lose fat, but it may make your abs look more muscular once the fat is gone and you can see them.

General advice:
    Keep your protein intake up to at least 1.8 g/kg of body weight, and your dietary fat up to at least 0.77 g/kg of body weight. This will help you retain/build muscle while you are losing fat. Read through everything here to increase your knowledge: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026/important-posts-to-read/p1

Get on a good lifting program so that you are not wasting time in the gym with inefficient workouts:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Recomposition is just eating the amount of calories that let you maintain your current weight while training hard:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
    This will allow you to build more muscle than you can while losing weight, but the downside is that the fat loss is slower.

Realy helpful. Thanks alot.
  • alisajjadshah
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    The problem we all have, if you lose weight it is in the places you either do not like, or find unimportant ... never where you want it ... instead of the "heavy lifting" try to up the amount of reps, which "might" assist the fat burn ... again, the magic word being "might"

I do 12 reps. As suggested by trainer at gym.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I do 12 reps. As suggested by trainer at gym.
    Go up to a maximum of 15 reps, and when you do that, increase the weight, until you can do 15 again, and increase the weight etc ... you get the picture. Not only are you burning, but also improving on strength.
    Appeared to work for me when I wanted to tone, but not lose too much muscle

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The bigger difference between 4-6 reps and 8-15 reps is strength. If you want to get strong and maximize adaptions in your CNS, lift heavy. Personally, for the primary lifts, I am in the 4-6 range and my accessories are 8-12.

The bigger thing is getting on a well designed structure program, like rich suggested.
  • alexmodz81
    alexmodz81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Throw away the bread, naan and curry. You need to overhaul your diet man. Start eating cereal, low fat milk, oat, boiled eggs, chicken breasts, veggies, fruits daily. And measure your intake so you don't take more than your daily intake. The good news is you are already hitting the gym.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ofg9q9pm10ev.jpg
    Hello all.
    I am 5'10" 29years old
    My goal is to lose 2 inches of belly fat and gain muscles. Have been hitting gym for a month and seeing results in building all areas. I do abs exercise 3times with bicep tricep and shoulder day. But cant see any reshlts. Might be they are building up under belly fat. Though i feel that part hard now.
    Any suggestion so i can get rid of that 2 inches belly fat.
    Diet includes 6brawn bread 2 eggs and tea in brkfast.
    Black cofee aftr an hour folowed by an aple. Aftr gym i take a protein scoop in milk. And one bread(naan) with curry.
    And a cup or green tea.
    Am i going right?

Personally I like your belly the way it is. You have a very naturally fit look
  • psuLemon
    Options
    alexmodz81 wrote: »
    Throw away the bread, naan and curry. You need to overhaul your diet man. Start eating cereal, low fat milk, oat, boiled eggs, chicken breasts, veggies, fruits daily. And measure your intake so you don't take more than your daily intake. The good news is you are already hitting the gym.

So why would he throw away one carb for another carb?
  • alisajjadshah
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Even if i want to avoid carbs. I CANT. Anything i add to this app. Shows it got more carbs than proteins. Even black cofee got more carbs. Boiled egg got carbs. Apple got lots of carbs. Avoid carbs eqauls to eat nothing. So fr what i have seen through this MFP.
  • alisajjadshah
    Options

Even if i want to avoid carbs. I CANT. Anything i add to this app. Shows it got more carbs than proteins. Even black cofee got more carbs. Boiled egg got carbs. Apple got lots of carbs. Avoid carbs eqauls to eat nothing. So fr what i have seen through this MFP.
    Sorry egg got no carbs but fats
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Sorry egg got no carbs but fats

Eggs do have trace carbs, but granted, it's barely worth noting.
  • psuLemon
    Options

The point is, it's poor advice. All carbs breakdown into glucose anyways. So if bread makes you stay on track and you enjoy it, then it's fine with eating. It certainly didn't stop me from losing 50 lbs. And it's helping me to keep on track while trying to cut down to single digit body fat.
  • fit4lifee1986
    fit4lifee1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    U need to lean bulk! Don't worry about that lil fat right now and put on some size first. But no matter what keep fit and healthy.