30 pound challenge

NicoleBodied
NicoleBodied Posts: 2 Member
Hello!!! My name is Lauren. I'm 24 years old and losing weight was the first girl that I've ever set for myself and still have not been able to do it. July is my birthday but I would love to see if I could even lose something before then and I think 30 pounds is a nice start. I would love to see the recipes and support that you guys come up with. COUNT ME IN!!

Replies

• renastanley70
    renastanley70 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey girl my birthday in July to I need to lose 30 myself
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    30lbs would be great as it would put me back in the 100's. ive already lost 14 lbs but loosing 28 more would put me back in the 100's.
    sw (as of today): 227
    gw: 199
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Nicely done!! Let's do it! 14 lbs is so great. I am looking forward to how it will feel after 14 lbs total loss. But definitely going for that full 38! Worked out 5 days in a row this week and stuck to my calorie goals. Last two days I haven't lost anything but I'm not going to let it discourage me. 2 lbs a week is my goal.
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Count me in!
    My birthday's Aug 1st, so close enough! lol

March 17th starting weight: 227 lbs

July 1st Goal Weight: 197 lbs
  • EmilyM1724
    EmilyM1724 Posts: 5 Member
    30 pounds is my weight loss goal (: I want to be back in the 120's by July.
  • imani396
    imani396 Posts: 6 Member
    March 17 - start date
    Current weight = 159
    Goal Weight = 130 by July 19 (My 48th Birthday)
    Count Me In
  • xrp8
    xrp8 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm with you! Just started my weight loss journey...again...this past Monday! I've never used the community before so hope this will help me stay motivated better. We can do this!!!!
    Start date: 3/13/17
    Start weight: 213.5
  • wanna_be_free
    wanna_be_free Posts: 210 Member
    ginapless wrote: »
    Count me in!

we have the same start weight and pretty much the same goal weight :)
  • kbonamission
    kbonamission Posts: 10 Member
    I'm in! 30 pounds by August 3rd (my bday)!
    Start date 3/17/17
    Start weight: 150lbs

This begins the next installment of my weight loss journey!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    I want in! I would love to lose 30 pounds by July 7th (my daughters 2nd birthday)! I started back serious again last week and so far I've lost 5 pounds. I recently quit working at a job I had for 10 years sitting at a desk all day to be a stay at home mom. Since then I haven't stayed still between keeping up with my toddler and my 10 year old son. I'm taking this time to take care of myself so I can be around to see my kids grow up. The motivation would be perfect!

Sw: 186
    Gw: 156 (by July 7th)
  • bdhu2001
    bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
    Count me in
    Start date: 3/17/17
    Start weight: 163.5
  • cdkelly
    How's everyone doing? I gained 1 pound over the weekend. Oops. But still had almost 4 lbs lost for the week which is great. Do you all weigh in daily or weekly?
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    I like to weigh daily. I find that keeps me on track better than weekly. I log it on mfp anytime there's a change in my whole number (like 186.8 to 185.9) not if it's just changing from 186.8 to 186.4 for example. Seeing my weight change often helps me stay motivated bc I actually see the numbers changing. I started exercising yesterday. I walked up and down my street for 40 min in the morning pushing my 20 month old on her tricycle and again for another 40 min after dinner with the whole family. Today I'm doing a lower body workout plan I got from a video clip on bodybuilders.com. They have a lot of workout plans that target any area you want to work on.
  • marriumaamir2017
    marriumaamir2017 Posts: 1 Member
    I am starting my diet today on 22 march.i tried many times butmy fats are so stubborn. :( and i feel hungry all the time and eat rice and pasta alot..
    Now i am trying to loose weight again
    Need your help guys. My age is 27. Height is 5'1. And weight is 64 kgs. My goal weight is 53 kg. I have gained weight because of rice and pastas and steroids which i hv taken for my allergy. Thanks guys.
  • bigordmommy
    bigordmommy Posts: 10 Member
    I will join on this adventure.. I am going to Phuket this summer, and need to lose 30 pounds to get bikini ready.
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    ginapless wrote: »
    Count me in!

we have the same start weight and pretty much the same goal weight :)

That's great! I agree that just getting in the 100s would be FABULOUS! Haven't seen that in probably... 8 or 9 years, at least. Yeesh.
  • cdkelly
    I like to weigh in daily too. Even if it's a few ounces lost it motivates me to keep going.

Here's an update..
    Starting weight: 168
    Goal weight: 130
    Current weight: 162
    Total loss: 6 lbs

How's everyone doing!? We got this!
  • xrp8
    xrp8 Posts: 2 Member
    Still going! Lost my first 5 pounds of essentially water weight, but I'm counting it! Lol. Trying to add back in a few calories because several days I was dangerously low and had to add another snack at the end of the day to make up for it. I'm kinda an all or nothing gal and tend to go too far which is unhealthy also. Working on finding my happy medium!
    Let's go everyone! We've got this!!! Time to kick butt!
  • kbonamission
    kbonamission Posts: 10 Member
    I haven't lost weight yet, but I did 60 mins of bodyweight exercises today and have cardio on deck for tomorrow. I weigh weekly, so I'm hopeful the scale will start to move soon!