I am having a hard time fulfilling my daily calories

I log my food in the morning on what I have planned throughout the day, minus dinner. I still have roughly 1300 calories to intake...what should I eat???

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,372 MFP Moderator
    Steak, burgers, ribs, sushi, ice cream or all of it.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Pizza!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I'd have pizza and wine!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    What is your calorie goal? Are exercise calories included in the calories you have left? Is this every day or just today?

Short answer - eat whatever you want :)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Sometimes..if you are new to a healthy eating plan ( and I do not know if you are or not)..but sometimes motivation runs pretty high during the 'honeymoon phase'. It will pass....trust me. Meanwhile...keep tracking and don't let yourself get too hungry..and binge!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    pizza, ice cream, oreos, full fat milk, etc...
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Screen shot your diary and post it in here.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Peanut butter cheesecake...
  • MrsWQLittle
    MrsWQLittle Posts: 14 Member
    Are you trying to gain or lose weight?
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    If you want to add more calories, I'd suggest healthy calorie-dense foods rather than nutrient-poor foods. Nuts, seeds, healthy oils and fats, and whole grains are some of the options.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    1300 calories is a big meal from a fast food restaurant.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    I log my food in the morning on what I have planned throughout the day, minus dinner. I still have roughly 1300 calories to intake...what should I eat???

Avacados !! :D You're really lucky :)
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Increase your portions for all your meals? If they get too big split into two and eat at intervals
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    1300 calories is a big meal from a fast food restaurant.

I'm thinkin' a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese and large fries - or a quart of some really good ice cream!
  • lowelo
    lowelo Posts: 4 Member
    Drink it! I have a goal of 2,360 and literally just started today. I was thinking, no way im going to meet it but making a high cal. shake w/ peanut buttter, whole milk, oats and bananas helped a lot. I just went over 10 calories and its only 7:30.

I find if I start early, especially with a shake then I can wait a bit, have breakfast and snack like crazy all day in between lunch and dinner.
    I never have an appetite but with this way I think its do-able.
  • Bianca7799
    Bianca7799 Posts: 1 Member
    I can say that I'm in the same boat needing to eat 2500 calories a day is a challenge to say the least. I typically end up eating two dinners one around 4 and another around 8. But I have found that topping off everything I eat with butter nuts or eating things with condiments helps pack on the calories.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Oh, what a wonder problem to have. If I had an extra 1300 calories, I'd have a jucy lucy and fries.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Can you provide a bit more information? What is the total number you're aiming for? How many calories do you eat in each of your other meals? None of my meals are ever 1300 calories, so perhaps your portions for the earlier meals are too small.

Please check to see that you've accurately filled in your profile page when you started your MFP diary. The site suggests your calorie intake based on the information you fill in. Also might be a good idea to make your diary settings open to public so we can get a better idea of what's going on.
  • dansk67
    dansk67 Posts: 3 Member
    Lowelo is exactly right. Make yourself some shakes with oatmeal, milk, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit, and a healthy oil will definitely help in getting in some extra calories.

Be like this guy :) - http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/powerlifter-eats-almost-8000-calories-a-day