Stairs innacuracy on my Charge 2

Options
SammiG01
SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
Most days my charge 2 is giving me credit for stairs that I have not climbed. One day 13 flights of stairs and it gave me a Badge for hill climbing or something! Haha Not the biggest worry because I don't eat back workout cals, but still wondering how this happens. Thoughts?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Uses air pressure - stairs will rarely be accurate.
    Purely a motivational stat.

It is NOT used in any calorie calculations, so adjustments you get are based on level walking, which is many times not true either.
  • SammiG01
    Options
    Thanks. I don't take the stats as gospel. I do like seeing my progression week over week though. I do find it motivating to compete against myself and whatever works, right?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Uses air pressure - stairs will rarely be accurate.
    Purely a motivational stat.

It is NOT used in any calorie calculations, so adjustments you get are based on level walking, which is many times not true either.

What he said. I had 12 floors on Wednesday because it was a windy day here.
  • SammiG01
    Options
    It was crazy windy here too. I never would have put that together! Thanks.
  • paula4u
    paula4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually have 3 floors in my home and i use it as part of exercise and yes its hard going as im overweight and 63, just bought charge 2, and it seems accurate
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The other day my fitbit charge 2 gave me 65 floors! I never left the house all day and no floors in the house! lol I earned something like 5 badges that day.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and mine does the same thing. It's like it picks up slight elevation changes as stairs. One day it thought I did 75 flights of stairs! I was like OMG! I'd be dead lol
  • SammiG01
    Options
    I know! Mine did this again yesterday. 37 flights of stairs. It was extremely windy again though. Weird.
  • daddybuzzkill
    daddybuzzkill Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I didn't know that's how it determined stairs. My wife has the opposite problem that her Charge 2 rarely picks up her stairs. Last night she had counted that she had done five flights and her Charge only said two.