Gaining muscle and eating

Options
I am having difficulty eating enough daily calories when I workout and don't. therefore I'm not fueling my body to keep the muscle. I'm lactose and gluten intolerant Any suggestions on what to eat to get my carbs?
Thanks

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I am having difficulty eating enough daily calories when I workout and don't. therefore I'm not fueling my body to keep the muscle. I'm lactose and gluten intolerant Any suggestions on what to eat to get my carbs?
    Thanks

veggies,fruits,nuts,seeds,oats(most are gluten free),peanut butter(fat and carbs) dried fruits,juices,.
  • knmorris85
    knmorris85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am dairy and gluten intolerant too.
    Cereal with dried cranberries. Oats. Rice. Potatoes. Sweet potatoes. Bananas. Quinoa. Gluten free pasta if you need a lot of carbs.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Oats
    Banana
    Peanut butter
    Nuts
    Milk alternative

Whizz whizz whizz

Drink
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Thanks

I'd concentrate more on the protein if you are wanting to keep the muscle.

As fuel nut butters, avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Rice,potatoes (sweet and ordinary)nuts,seeds and their butters,add oil to things. Most dairy free milks are lower in calories than ordinary milk but I think hemp milk is the same,if you can tolerate the taste. Assuming you're not vegetarian,choose fatty cuts of meat,bacon,poultry with skin on,and oily fish,eggs (fried or scrambled with oil)
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Make sure you are getting 1g protein per pound lean body weight. After that, eat calorie-dense foods to fill out your calories. I make macadamia nut butter. It contains 230 calories per oz. I mix it into a protein shake with one cup of whole milk for a total of 500 calories.

Sorry, I just saw that you're lactose intolerant. Substitute soy milk and a non whey-based protein powder. Should still get you close to 500 calories.