Lose weight while building muscle?

2»

Replies

• LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    I ended up dropping fat and adding muscle at the exact same time, even on lower than normal calories

By what measurements do you know you achieved both fat loss and muscle gain simultaneously?

- 45kg reduction on the scales
    - Waist line down from 120cm to 90cm (101cm hip bones)
    - 20" Arms
    - 32" Quads
    - 21" Calves
    + Dexta Scans

but you know the usual veins showing and fat dissapearing is a better indication of fat loss and muscle increase
  • LonsyBoy
    Fat is a muscle energy source so larger guys will make better muscle gains from it even with a lower calorie intake, the only supplements that work are not to be mentioned either :D
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Fat is a muscle energy source so larger guys will make better muscle gains from it even with a lower calorie intake, the only supplements that work are not to be mentioned either :D

We get it; you take PED's. Feel free to mention it in even more threads if you feel the need to.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

thanks, but I don't want man boobs or testicular shrinkage...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

As with most any other drug/hormone, you usually only see the nastier sides with excessive use, improper dosage, or not following proper protocol for end of use. Of course, there are some people who just get outright screwed in the genetic lotto and react poorly straight out of the gate. However, considering the number of people that have been on gear, if the sides were a given, we'd see them a lot more.
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2017
    i dunno about you guys, but I started my fat losing journey a few months back, been losing fat and gaining muscle ever since.
    I used no supplement, just counted my calories and specifically designed my macronutrients composition to have 40% protein.
    this is before:
    3iwj5r35cwb6.jpg
    this is now:
    sr985aactclk.jpg
    those pictures are 7 months apart btw.
    Of course, I still got plenty of fat to lose and plenty of muscle to gain :smile:
    EDIT:
    I recently purchased one of those connected balances that give you an idea of your body composition:
    here's the fat mass % evolution:
    zl5hoenx88g7.png
    and this is the muscle mass %:
    1gpc55t50dkn.png

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    yondaime8 wrote: »
    i dunno about you guys, but I started my fat losing journey a few months back, been losing fat and gaining muscle ever since.
    I used no supplement, just counted my calories and specifically designed my macronutrients composition to have 40% protein.
    this is before:
    3iwj5r35cwb6.jpg
    this is now:
    sr985aactclk.jpg
    Of course, I still got plenty of fat to lose and plenty of muscle to gain :smile:
    EDIT:
    I recently purchased one of those connected balances that give you an idea of your body composition:
    zl5hoenx88g7.png
    1gpc55t50dkn.png

While your results are nice, those bioimpadence machines can be very inaccurate and not a true depiction if you actually gained muscle. Also, take into consideration those tools measure lean body mass, not muscle. LBM is everything besides fat.

Ultimately, doesn't really matter if you like your results.
  • yondaime8
    edited March 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »
    While your results are nice, those bioimpadence machines can be very inaccurate and not a true depiction if you actually gained muscle. Also, take into consideration those tools measure lean body mass, not muscle. LBM is everything besides fat.

Ultimately, doesn't really matter if you like your results.

Actually it delivers 4 different percentages every time: fat, muscle, lean mass and bone mass. But I agree, I don't take the results as sacred or absolutely accurate, I only use them as trend indication.
    Ultimately, my point is, gaining muscle while losing fat is possible, given proper nutrition and workout, it's not sufficient to work hard, but you also need to work smart :#
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    yondaime8 wrote: »
    this is before:
    3iwj5r35cwb6.jpg
    this is now:
    sr985aactclk.jpg
    EDIT:
    zl5hoenx88g7.png
    1gpc55t50dkn.png

you lost body fat which allowed existing muscle to show more + newbie gains, which no one is saying is not possible. What we are saying is that in the long term you cannot lose body fat and put on new mass in a calorie deficit..

• yondaime8

you lost body fat which allowed existing muscle to show more + newbie gains, which no one is saying is not possible. What we are saying is that in the long term you cannot lose body fat and put on new mass in a calorie deficit..

So true! However I doubt OP is asking about the latter :)
  • LonsyBoy

As with most any other drug/hormone, you usually only see the nastier sides with excessive use, improper dosage, or not following proper protocol for end of use. Of course, there are some people who just get outright screwed in the genetic lotto and react poorly straight out of the gate. However, considering the number of people that have been on gear, if the sides were a given, we'd see them a lot more.

was waiting for the #RoidRage to get thrown in, never admitted to use but its a given fact that any pro is using gear and will endorse natural supplements that they know won't get the results they lead everyone to believe, look up Tony Huge, Boston Lloyd and a few other open users and they cut the bulls*** about it all
  • trigden1991

was waiting for the #RoidRage to get thrown in, never admitted to use but its a given fact that any pro is using gear and will endorse natural supplements that they know won't get the results they lead everyone to believe, look up Tony Huge, Boston Lloyd and a few other open users and they cut the bulls*** about it all

You're definitely not a pro though......
  • trigden1991

Are you a pro? Do you make money from your physique? What is your stack? Do you cycle or B+C? What is your AI protocol? If cycle, how is your PCT protocol? Do you keep an eye on health markers, blood pressure, RBC, etc?

Curious

This is definitely not the place to discuss these things. Go to UKM or fitmisc.