Carbkiller... the KETO thread

Options
This is where to discuss the world of keto... questions, answers, advice, vents, and support. NO donuts

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I thought whole grain bread was the good kind.. So why is it a murderer?
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Carbkiller doesn't discriminate all Flour based carbs a no no for me plus I thought the photo was too funny :D
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    I just noticed the brown bread was stabbing the white bread. Disclaimer: 100% not racially motivated :#
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    In some circles "keto" is a four letter word
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not even keto-approved donuts?
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-donuts/#
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Not even keto-approved donuts?
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-donuts/#

Wait!!!! What?!?!??!? Be right back
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm, donuts, now I'll BRB, except I'll have the full carb version ta!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

LOLZ :D

Hello and welcome OP. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just requested to join the low carb forum. Looking forward to learning more.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

LOLZ :D

Hello and welcome OP. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Ketophiles. Lol
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i really enjoy using four letter words. and in some cases, putting them into action. keto has become one of them.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Was looking at the MFP foods and I see a tsp of sugar is 4 carbs. On a keto or low carb diet, just because sugar is 4 carbs only, we don't eat it.. could you explain that? I hate fake sweeteners and I am almost wanting to add a little real sugar, but I want to know what would happen. its only 4 carbs. surely enough to keep under 20 carbs a day.. so please explain this - if a carb is that many low carbs, why don't we add a tsp of sugar to our food?
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    Was looking at the MFP foods and I see a tsp of sugar is 4 carbs. On a keto or low carb diet, just because sugar is 4 carbs only, we don't eat it.. could you explain that? I hate fake sweeteners and I am almost wanting to add a little real sugar, but I want to know what would happen. its only 4 carbs. surely enough to keep under 20 carbs a day.. so please explain this - if a carb is that many low carbs, why don't we add a tsp of sugar to our food?

you get 20 carbs. That's not very much. Why the flying kitten would you WASTE those 20 carbs on sugar? It's more important than ever to spend those carbs wisely. It's like being down to your last $20, your car is out of gas, you're at the only gas station in the desert- but ooh, let's get $20 in candy bars instead!

Spend those 20 carbs on veggies and other nutrient dense foods.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Do you eat pizza with cauliflower crust and fresh tomatoes instead of tomato sauce to keep it ketolicious? If someone in person saw you eating it, would you admit to this travesty loosely known as a substitute pizza? Or would you tell them it was a pizza?

I skip cauliflower pizza. I make fathead pizza or skip the crust entirely. On aluminum foil place shredded cheese, tomato sauce, toppings and more shredded cheese and nuke it. Let it cool a bit and eat. ;)

Cauliflower and pizza seems wrong to me...

As others said, why? You could eat 3 tsps. of sugar and trace carbs and call it a day if you wanted. Not something I'd choose to do with any frequency.
  • diana_1974
    diana_1974 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i have used cauliflower and it needs a lot of cheese to make it crispy and yummy. you could also use a coconut almond flour blend to make pizza dough.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »

you get 20 carbs. That's not very much. Why the flying kitten would you WASTE those 20 carbs on sugar? It's more important than ever to spend those carbs wisely. It's like being down to your last $20, your car is out of gas, you're at the only gas station in the desert- but ooh, let's get $20 in candy bars instead!

Spend those 20 carbs on veggies and other nutrient dense foods.

This. Eat for strength and to fuel your healthy long life.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Did you know this amazing fact about donuts:
    398k7g8gzg0d.jpg

If someone tells you not to eat a certain food, here's a good tip:
    rzl5lzr1u75w.jpg

And to round out my post:
    6d6av9y049xp.jpg
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options

I wouldn't waste 4 carbs on sugar get a substitute