For those of you who aren't SUPER FIT-yep they are judging us.

Options

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    JoRocka, agree to disagree. She didn't say he randomly walked up and started yelling. She said she caught them talking about how stupid she was, and when she called them out on it, dude started screaming.

As far as being an adult and figuring out "if" you "let" that affect you or not . . . different people with different personalities are affected differently by events in their lives (good or bad). I wish it was just as simple as deciding. Granted, I am older now, and I don't let people slide on their rudeness. That helps, no regrets of wishing I had said something.

I don't know. To me, that's placing a lot of confidence in some stranger's mental stability. Yeah if it's a small goof and there's potential for a quick "oops I'm sorry!", I might say something. But it seems safer to shake my head or tsk tsk or better yet, say nothing and walk away. The interaction may not be as satisfying as it could be in my mind, but at least I'm walking away from a kind of iffy situation.

Yes, certainly you have to use a little discretion. But, I am not a door mat. I'm not saying I'm going to curse somebody out for being rude. I'm not trying to "one up" their rude "kitten". But, I'm also not just going to turn red and timidly walk away like I would have at age 20. I'm more likely to just say, wow that was rude, or tell them to mind their own business. And, no, I am not confident in the mental stability of strangers. But, I know how to protect myself, and maybe they should be a little less confident in my mental stability. ;-)
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lol MFP edits my swears to "kitten."
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'll bet people look at me playing golf and think I should be playing checkers instead. :D
    When people look at me playing golf, they really wish their tee time had been just a bit earlier, so they weren't stuck behind me :'(

edit: what is "natty"?

In the context it's being used here, "natty" = "natural" (i.e., not taking anabolic steroids/performance enhancing substances)
  • brxtt
    brxtt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    _Bro wrote: »
    wgwmj6wj9oyh.jpg

THIS.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    OP - I think its FABULOUS you lift with your kids/squat/weights, workout. Keep it up. And go slow with them as they are learning. If the others want to "work in" tell em NO. I used to lift/bench/squat w/son years ago, he still remembers it. We didn't pay any attention to anyone else and honestly its quite cool to see a mom working out like that with her kids.
    You ROCK in my book.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    So people judge others as they have since the dawn of time? Shocking information!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    One reason I refuse to go to a gym. I would rather workout at home and not deal with other people's crap. Some people are so rude. I am sorry you had to deal with that. :o

That, and your snakes would probably freak them out. ;)
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    OP, that behaviour is unacceptable. You need to talk to the gym mgmt. And then, whether they act on it or not:

1. Leave a very negative yelp review
    2. Leave a very negative FB review

And in both cases, highlight that the management turns a blind eye to bad behaviour.

And that would force them to send newsletters, and run tickers on the big flat screens.

I reported and raised a scene with gym management one time and now they run a ppt slide on the big screen as to how courtesy matters and violators will be punished.

Even if the gym management acted on your complaint you would leave negative feedback on yelp and Facebook highlighting management turns a blind eye?

• TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm guessing Mr. Shineyhead has small nuts!!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow. Another lucky person who has never been treated like crap by a total stranger and so assumes that the OP must have been the offender. While I can see your point as to how the 20 year old might have taken OP's comment the wrong way, I disagree with your assertion about how some people (me being one of them) seem to meet all the arseholes and never seem to realize . . . . Go back and read my examples. And explain to me how I was the arsehole in those situations. On second thought, don't. Too many people on this thread have already all but called OP an out and out liar. I'm sure the same is in store for me.