Looking for Breast Feeding Mumma's who are trying to lose weight.

I am a new mumma to a beautiful 4 month old girl and I am marrying the love of my life in Hawaii in 16 weeks. Yikes! I have a lot of work to do before then and am looking for breast feeding mumma's to add me so we can support and motivate each other towards our goals. :)

Replies

• haianna4nguyen
    haianna4nguyen Posts: 22 Member
    Add me :)
    My babe is 9 months and still nursing great. Congrats on your new babe and your wedding!
  • redd_dayspring12
    redd_dayspring12 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm still nursing my second he is 13 months old. I have lost almost 80 lbs since June.
  • emilylittle5494
    emilylittle5494 Posts: 29 Member
    Add me.
  • georginakerrison775
    georginakerrison775 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies my little boy is 6 weeks old and I'm planning on getting back on track with my healthy journey as I've ate so bad since he arrived! I hope it's ok that I add you all as I could do with the support
  • Madhatster
    Madhatster Posts: 5 Member
    Please add me as well. My little one is 9 weeks old and has been exclusively breastfeed so far. (Trying to keep it up for at least his first year). I've been constantly hungry since his birth and as a result have gained weight since then instead of losing it. I could really use the support of other moms trying to lose the baby weight without losing their milk supply.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    I added everyone here. I have a 15 month old who still breast feeds and is maybe going to wean soon (lol). I was overweight before my pregnancy and actually lost a lot of weight while pregnant. The day before I delivered I weighed 30 lbs less than when I got pregnant. And then I gained it allll back while breastfeeding! I have been trying to find motivation to lose it and I just couldn't. So I went to the Dr. and signed up for a weight loss program where I get weighed each week and eat a very specific diet. It's working pretty well, just finished 30 days and didn't get weighed this week. As of the previous week I am down 13 lbs (17 since my highest at the beginning of the year). I'm going to Hawaii for a few weeks end of July, so I should be motivated haha. I'm much more into it now that I have some results.
  • cidalia_mar
    cidalia_mar Posts: 5 Member
    Me. My little guy is three-and-a-half months old.

It's not easy to lose weight while breastfeeding, as "they" say it is. It's easy to put on weight with the increased appetite, if anything. Plus, there's the challenge of losing weight carefully so as to not decrease milk supply.

I've got almost 40 extra pounds compared to when I met hubby 11 years ago, and I am SO done with it.

• sueblue77
    sueblue77 Posts: 54 Member
    Will you ladies also share calorie/macro percentages, and any advice about avoiding supply dwindle? Thanks!
    Also please add me - 40 YO, second time mom to 15 week daughter. Almost exclusively breastfeeding. I'm returning to MFP after a long, and now realized, missed, absence, and could use and give lots of motivation and support.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    I'm still breastfeeding my 16 month old. I've lost 36 lbs with 39 more to go
  • jessbevo
    jessbevo Posts: 1 Member
    I've always put on weight while breastfeeding too but with my last bub I ended up using the milk pantry shakes and adding some protein powder or banana to the shakes and I lost about 5 kg without losing my milk... I actually had more milk . Total life saver. I've just finished breastfeeding now and will keep using them to lose the rest.
  • Madhatster
    Madhatster Posts: 5 Member
    How are y'all approaching your weight loss while breast feeding? I'd love to lose a large amount of the baby weight right off the bat, but am more concerned with losing the weight at a slow healthy pace so my milk supply remains high. My plan right now is to set my caloric goal at Myfitnesspals' recommended caloric goal for "maintenance". For me this is a limit of 2,250 calories a day (I'm currently going over this almost every day, even thought its a generous goal... unquenchable appetite :# ). My thought was if I can stay under the maintenance goal then the 500 calories a day that breastfeeding supposedly burns per day should put me on track to have a 3500 calorie deficit per week which should result in a loss of about 1 pound a week. I figure if this works and my milk supply isn't impacted then I can try cutting down the calories a bit more for faster progress. I'm also looking at increasing my physical activity... I haven't been exercising at all since he was born. I'm planning to start slow on the exercise front too. My goals for now will be to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise twice a week to begin with. These seem like such lame goals in comparison to what I used to do, but I feel like I need a really reasonable starting point right now.
  • andiatkinson
    andiatkinson Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, all! Would love to have some other nursing moms as motivation buddies! My little guy is 6 months old. I had 2 babies in two years and am ready to get my body back on track. I need energy to keep up with these two. I just rejoined the site this am after a several year hiatus. I'm going to set my goal for maintain and let bf'ing calories burned be my deficit. Would love advice on cutting calories without affecting supply.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Y'a just need to nurse on demand to keep a good milk supply. I am boobing 24/7 and I have a tremendous supply even though I'm now, at 14 weeks PP, 1.4kg under my pre-pregnancy weight. I've lost 13.6kg.
  • MChelle21
    MChelle21 Posts: 1 Member
    May I be added as well. I am a brand-new mommy, and I am exclusively breast-feeding. I understand that the weight gain is just a part of bringing my baby girl into this world. Postpartum is a struggle though, and seeing my body look like this is very difficult. It would be helpful to be a part of a group with the same goals as myself.
  • Ayla_dawson
    Ayla_dawson Posts: 4 Member
    Hey everyone.
    I have a 5mo baby girl and am breastfeeding too! Would lovebto have adds so us mummas can stick together and get this baby weight off!
  • craftedbydesign
    craftedbydesign Posts: 15 Member
    Love that this thread is available. Still feeding one of my adopted son & looking to drop 118 more pounds. Would love some friends within the group.