30 day shred/Ripped in 30 challenge

vnukinga
vnukinga Posts: 130 Member
Good morning lovely ladies,

It's time for a new challenge.
Who would like to join me?
I'm thinking about starting Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (or Ripped in 30; I have both videos but 30 DS is available for free on youtube)
Here is the link to the free video for 30 DS on youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
(That's Level I; Level II is below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEz0VGxsiqc
Unfortunately, Level III you have to pay for, but I figured you can always repeat Level II to complete the 30 days... (It still works well, I have done it in the past)
Let's do it! Your new improved beautiful body is waiting for you!
;)
Who's with me?

Replies

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    So funny, I was just looking at this. Im off for spring break in 5 days but will be starting the 30DS April 3rd. Best of luck!
  • vnukinga
    Fantastic!!!
    We can still share opinions on the workout and the results.
  • donidonidoni
    donidonidoni Posts: 4 Member
    That is so funny, I just did Level 1 last night and then I stumbled across this thread. Happy I did! :wink:

I'll be joining you!
  • donidonidoni
    donidonidoni Posts: 4 Member
    Today will be Day 2 for me. Should we include the day were on in each of the posts?

(30 Day Shred: Day 2), something like that?

My goal is to do 30 minutes of exercise 6x a week. This coming from a run/walker 2-3x a week girl. Wish me luck! Tonight I'll be doing Level 2. :D Never done it before.
  • vnukinga
    Excellent!
    I will be starting tomorrow.
  • bringbackthejoy
    Best of luck donidoni.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Amazing!!!

I have done this before a few years ago would love to give it a go again.

@vnukinga I shall start tomorrow aswell :-D

I am running atm as well so will probably alternate days between this and running.
  • vnukinga
    Yay!
    Let's do it Skipper! Today is the day!
    :)
  • vnukinga
    Day 1 done!
    I decided to go with Ripped in 30 but both programs are similar.
    Since I don't have 30 days left until I need to fit into my bikini
  • vnukinga
    Odd, it only posted some of my reply...
    Anyway, I will have to double up on some days especially if I want to take Sundays off as my rest days. I forgot how much I sweat during that workout but it feels good!
  • bringbackthejoy
    Way to go!
  • LizzyK1983
    LizzyK1983 Posts: 44 Member
    I am on Level 2 Day 5... Its getting really disheartening as im not seeing any results yet but I am just going to keep going and see what happens.
  • vnukinga
    Don't lose hope! The program really works. The changes might be very subtle at first but your muscle definition will definitely improve. To be honest, when I did it in the past I don't remember if I was losing weight from the workout per se since I was doing other things as well - including the changes to my diet habits. I did notice however that my bottom lifted, my arms got more sculpted look, my abs more defined and legs slimmer.
    Best of luck!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    30 Day Shred: Day 1

Technically this is my second day doing it but the first time I didn't have weights and missed about half of the workout due to trying to figure out the moves and my dogs harassing me. So I decided that was my dress rehearsal!

I definitely had a SERIOUS sweat going and was sore after, it felt great. I had already walked/ran 2 miles with my dogs earlier this morning so that added to it.

My plan is to do it every day, unless I am sore, then I will take a day off. So depending on how sore I get I may be doing it every other day.

Did everyone take before photos?
  • bringbackthejoy
    Ooooh photo's are a great idea.
  • vnukinga
    Great work!
    I did day 2 of level 1 Ripped in 30 and boy, am I sore! I guess I forgot I had some of those muscles and here I thought I was in a good shape!
  • vnukinga
    I also didn't think about taking photos but I will try to remember tomorrow.
  • vnukinga
    Forgot about the photo again, but did day 3!
  • vnukinga
    All right. A little hesitant about posting a photo of my imperfections but here it is.
    Ripped in 30- Level I - Day 4
    Obviously my back and those "love handles in the back" need to disappear. I am sort of happy with the tummy and sides.
    Ripped%20in%2030%20Level%20I%20Day%204.jpg

Here are the stats:
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 117 lbs
    Waist: 27 inches
    Breasts: 35 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    @vnukinga holy crap you are already ripped! You are going to look amazing when your done with the program!

I am also 5'2'' I weigh 122 so we have very similar stats! You are much more defined than I am though. Great stomach!