I take Allì, it is NOT a shortcut!

Options
I recently commented on a page about losing weight. The question posed was:
How are you effectively losing weight?
Of course answers varied from good old diet and exercise to gastric procedures to a few having conditions that caused mass weight loss. I said I take Allì and have changed my diet and exercise habits. Almost immediately I was met with a rather hostile comment.
The comment went something like this:
"Oh, you mean you are taking the easy way out because you are still too lazy to want to do the work! You are the type of person that gets a lap done because you want a quick fix."
I normally ignore comments like this. It made me fume this time because this person was not only trying to insult me but others on this page because we did what is best for us...Our struggles are all different but we share a common goal when we try to lose/gain weight. We are trying to better ourselves. We cannot continue to shame eachother!
Anywho. I take Allì. It is in no way a quick fix (especially for a gal in the 300+ club). I still have to eat right, work my adipose off doing cardio and strength training, and accept that I will probably have a few set backs along the way. I have accepted that I need extra help. This is in no way a "quick fix"! Lap and bari procedures are in no way a quick fix. No matter how fast or slow we lose or try to gain weight, our health should be the goal.
You can do anything.
You can love yourself at any weight.
It's never too late to love yourself.
#doitforyou
Love,
Liz

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Ok.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Trial and error
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like the easy way out, but it does sound like a way to eat fatty meals and not worry about absorbing it (or other vitamins as well, which is not good). It says "If you eat a meal containing little fat, don't take a dose of Alli", so the key seems to be cut down the fat in your food and it's the same idea without losing the vitamins absorption. They said people taking Alli only lost about 5 pounds A YEAR more than those just doing diet and exercise, so for the vitamin loss for 5 pounds a year it surely wouldn't be my choice, but everyone on here is doing their best and it's not up to us to attack others for their choices. Just don't be surprised if people don't agree with you.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good for you OP, you found a way to create a calorie deficit that works for you. There is no way I would take that stuff, I would/did take the slower less messy way. But like others have said, you do you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Staceygram wrote: »
    I recently commented on a page about losing weight. The question posed was:
    How are you effectively losing weight?
    Of course answers varied from good old diet and exercise to gastric procedures to a few having conditions that caused mass weight loss. I said I take Allì and have changed my diet and exercise habits. Almost immediately I was met with a rather hostile comment.
    The comment went something like this:
    "Oh, you mean you are taking the easy way out because you are still too lazy to want to do the work! You are the type of person that gets a lap done because you want a quick fix."
    I normally ignore comments like this. It made me fume this time because this person was not only trying to insult me but others on this page because we did what is best for us...Our struggles are all different but we share a common goal when we try to lose/gain weight. We are trying to better ourselves. We cannot continue to shame eachother!
    Anywho. I take Allì. It is in no way a quick fix (especially for a gal in the 300+ club). I still have to eat right, work my adipose off doing cardio and strength training, and accept that I will probably have a few set backs along the way. I have accepted that I need extra help. This is in no way a "quick fix"! Lap and bari procedures are in no way a quick fix. No matter how fast or slow we lose or try to gain weight, our health should be the goal.
    You can do anything.
    You can love yourself at any weight.
    It's never too late to love yourself.
    #doitforyou
    Love,
    Liz

You said Adipose...I love a good Doctor comment. :)

Heehee psst - Adipose is the proper medical term for body fat ;) Though I too love a good Doctor comment.

I see Alli as the gastric version of someone following you around and smacking you over the head if you eat fat. You reduce your calorie intake, because you reduce your fat intake, because you're too scared to eat it in case you poop your pants.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to hunt down the 'Alli Horror Stories' thread that's in these forums somewhere. Don't remember the exact title, but I could probably track it down with some search attempts. It's an, umm, interesting read. Heh
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

That's the one! Thanks!

ETA: LOL. And I was the last one to comment on it in December.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I think it's great that you've found what's working for you op. And it's very true that we each have to attack our weight loss endeavors in a way that a right for us.

As far as people criticizing you taking alli....I'm not going to jump on the wagon, BUT do you think your success has to do with eating right and exercising more so than the alli? Could you continue exactly what you're doing now, except stop taking it and continue losing weight just the same? It sounds to me like you could!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I recently commented on a page about losing weight.

Things said when user has "Posts: 1"
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My neighbour recently took it, which was a very short lived experience before she through it in the trash.... And she's a nurse, has zero excuse for falling for this stuff!

I'll just leave this here, instead of going into detail :explode:

hy1znsyphoet.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My neighbour recently took it, which was a very short lived experience before she through it in the trash.... And she's a nurse, has zero excuse for falling for this stuff!

I'll just leave this here, instead of going into detail :explode:

hy1znsyphoet.jpg

I hear it's more of an orange colour...