April Fitness Challenges

Options
MiamiSeoul
MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
edited March 2017 in Challenges
April 2017

Spring is here. Summer is around the corner. How bad do you want this?

PROJECT SUMMER continues . . .

2e8oekiemr2n.jpg

jsyplri6kard.jpg

c0u3j9ooavcx.jpg

All are welcome. We are judgement-free. Do one or all; tailor the challenges to suit your needs. To join, simply touch/highlight the little star at the top right of the page. Come back & check-in daily. Share your struggles & successes. Don't forget to weigh, measure & take lots of "before" pictures; share your stats if you like. IT'S ABOUT PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION!

Thanks for joining me on this journey to being a BETTER, HEALTHIER & HAPPIER person. Special thanks to the #GetFitTroopers who have stuck it out month after month. You all have become part of my fit family ❤

GO GET YOUR GOALS!

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    Options

@BABetter1 @awestbrook89 @wagnerpe123 @NickiR3d @yvonnecrosby2464 @sjansing @KareninLux @bluelilac102 @88marley88 @BecciWilson82 @lelliott1992 @mcmeghan66 @thenananator @dkginger @moreo1 @jodilynnsanders5104 @olabren @saraht4392 @klove808 @sharondjs @TheresASkinnyGirlInsideMeeee @Redola @cbiggs440 @jcubedatund @simmonsmaricia @ListenSunnie @mckonnen @ladyreva78 @Dhathri @lookinglass127 @Jacquitheelder @ytesfay @gojaqs @Divya365 @gojaqs @Naija82 @BJerzy @szeleny12 @Spears1354 @am_change @michi2576 @arla4744 @SammeeBoud @Joanna2012B @Timothyh27 @lbenson2006 @sescobar74 @lorilouroo @leciafe @Ptricia99 @RicaDelRey @RGuerrero1 @tinacuso @dnique03 @megangibson2002 @rodeoaddict1977 @DebbieNeedham1 @KarenSmith196511 @EmmaMcwhinnie @bethompson91 @nyeusiqueen @elisabel @valeriasuarez9523 @agirlgoneprimal @southerngirllostinqueens @tiffanycones20 @cassevans @amylw1996 @yoda37 @Topsking2010 @asrai50 @nthesadl @RetiredAndLovingIt @FinkQui11 @Odessak17 @energyseeker @Kimmylaviol @smithjazmin93 @CranstonJ2016 @rieson @kauai56 @Queenie_O @Charm110 @hope4dcb @Trnava @kingaeillia3613 @Yvariel @sg122 @jmjr_cassetto @Loriebick @bobbylou23 @mommy2ajs @SimplyEee @ShelahAzariah @lslcav @slaysisters1704 @NolesFan427 @Candygames @nicholemurphy87 @skinnyislandgurl @calliebaker395 @amandafalade @acellic @juliannetryon @fejiofor @ashleydc_lc @leahk80 @BigBal00 @uebermensch03 @Cashley12 @cleve24 @Forest91 @new1eaf @gremlinreb @Skipper111 @MissEESmith @byrd107 @hoyagirl03 @sheenbrennan72 @DSwales11 @skinnyislandgurl @gawworthington @maicap22 @fitonlytruth @jibeirish @shellielarranaga5297 @beautybeginshere @BeLLe_60 @debz126 @heyghoge @allycat923 @Etherlily1 @smiles6428 @Jaymie @oliviakay83 @lsabeIIe @HealthylivingTIG @jojoboxing @ziamohammed80 @kenziberry @rachelr1116 @sarah_travers @adejournee @holley75 @jibeirish @CaeTroi @inunekorei @sandradeangeloscala @bulldog0405 @ceridavies1991 @sdphil90 @slimcharm17 @GrandmaJackie @b3achy @Bellipong @alipsie19 @akmomof7 @Marney25 @mommy2ajs @2CABetterMe @Mrs_Hewi @joans1976q @135terry @lakechasmith @Defabul @lakechasmith @si_nyc_fit4life @nehaad88 @Nicole122516 @Shoebacha1 @Vickety87 @Serqita @OWDad @donns @letme1 @scdavies1 @Fallfrenzy @tdbernrd @rynthae @jpc12 @stella7x7 @lynnmarquita83
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Oh my...the choices. I'm going to do the tricep dip challenge and obliques challenge. I can do this.
  • tloliphant
    tloliphant Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are they 1 set of ea or 3 sets to equal 50 for day 1?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @tloliphant I usually make as many sets as needed.

So for example for the full body, the squats I would do 3 sets to get to the 50.

Push your body as far as you can, but listen to how much it can do and don't push beyond the limits.
  • ladyreva78
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I'm in for the full body!

Modifications:
    No crunches (not good for my back. Will do planks instead)
    No Russian twists (as above)
    No jumping jacks (my back's not a huge fan)
    Have never done burpees before. I'll probably need to find a modified version for beginners or decompose the movement into its individual parts and do those.

Last point. As I realized in March I'll have to lower the amount of reps and do the increase a smidgen slower.

Thanks @MiamiSeoul for posting these!

I'm going to die on those burpees! :flushed:

But I'm going to set myself a goal of doing 5 perfect burpees in a row by the end of the month. Not a whole lot, but it's what's realistic for me.

ETA:
    Burpees:
    nn3.jpeg
  • MiamiSeoul
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    @tloliphant I usually make as many sets as needed.

So for example for the full body, the squats I would do 3 sets to get to the 50.

Push your body as far as you can, but listen to how much it can do and don't push beyond the limits.

Yes tloliphant, we adjust according to our specific needs, restrictions & desire. We have some members who push beyond the numbers & some newbies who take it easy, make it light & progress slowly. Glad you're IN!

Best wishes everyone & have an amazing weekend <3

• newstart7788
    newstart7788 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in but with modifications as I have inflammation in my knees. Do we just comment in this thread after each day?
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    I'm in but with modifications as I have inflammation in my knees. Do we just comment in this thread after each day?

That's right. Most of us just usually post when we've finished the exercises (sometimes even to say we didn't manage to get the exercises in.

Good luck! :smile:
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    khox81 wrote: »
    I'm in. If anyone is up for an April accountability buddy let me know.

Would it be totally crazy to go for all 3?!?

Crazy.. probably :tongue: possible? Definitely :smiley:
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    khox81 wrote: »
    I'm in. If anyone is up for an April accountability buddy let me know.

Would it be totally crazy to go for all 3?!?

LET'S DO THIS!

• amanorr
    amanorr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am in for killer body!
  • vae0033
    vae0033 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the full body tricep dips
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @ladyreva78 You're doing the burpee with a push-up. Awesome!
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    @ladyreva78 You're doing the burpee with a push-up. Awesome!

Well... I'm going to try (and hopefully not fail too abysmally). :smile:
  • adriennebaileyy
    adriennebaileyy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My first challenge so definitely could use some help for accountability, but I'll be checking in also! I'm going to start with the oblique challenge but I'll probably be adding in some of the full body exercises as well.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the full body. I have a beach trip planned for June, so I want to make the most out of these next two months.