Early planning here. Any veggies happy to share their diaries?

I've a little way to go still, but I'm starting to make a bit of a mud map of maintenance for me. Using MSExcel to graph my weigh loss and applying a trend line seems to indicate that, plateaus to one side, I might expect to get to my target weight soon after mid-May.

Are any maintainers interested in adding an old bloke so I can see what your diary looks like please?

I'm kinda hoping that maintenance means my 1.5-3 hours of cardio & weights at the gym every day can be reduced to something more like 1/2 hour every day with maybe 3 bigger workouts a week rather than every day. (I'm an Apple Watch user and I want to keep closing my 3 activity rings every day.)

I also migrated to vegan as part of my journey, so other veggie diaries are of particular interest to me.

Thanks in advance to any new pals,
Mike

63398348.png

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Maintenance should be essentially a continuation of what you are currently doing, but more food. If you are cutting back on your current activity when you maintain then your food needs may not change much. I don't know how helpful someone else's food diary will be, your maintenance eating should really just be more calories with your current habits.
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Maintenance should be essentially a continuation of what you are currently doing, but more food. If you are cutting back on your current activity when you maintain then your food needs may not change much. I don't know how helpful someone else's food diary will be, your maintenance eating should really just be more calories with your current habits.

Thanks @usmcmp I basically agree, but I'm cutting rather heavily and believe I am overdoing it on the exercise at the moment. I'd like to believe that I can reduce my daily burn and do more leisurely activities like beach combing rather than sweating buckets in a gym every day. I'm fine with keeping my kcal intake much similar to what it currently is.

I was hoping to also glean what level of daily/regular exercising any maintenance sharers are doing as well as what they were eating.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    It sounds like you might benefit from starting the transition now. As for what other maintainers are doing/eating, it's going to vary dramatically from person to person and their success in maintenance is going to be different as well.