After keto diet...please some helpppp

Options
sky2006
sky2006 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2017 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi
I have recently started the keto diet and lowered my carbs to 20grams a day... I just wanted to know if I stop with keto after reaching my goal weight and eat pasta or takeaway once in a while and increase my carbs but reduce fat or protein and stay don't go over the calorie limit set for maintaining weight ..will I keep my weight or put on weight...

Btw I will never go back on eating crap like used to but sometimes have a nice meal with family and friends..

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I did keto for 4mths. I gained 2lbs when i went back to moderate carbs ( glycogen replenishment), which dropped off after a couple of weeks.

If you continue to stay in a deficit or eat your maintenance calories when you up your carbs, you will not gain fat weight. You may see a jump on the scales due to regaining the water weight you lost in the beginning, but that's no big deal, it is not fat weight gain which is the most important thing :smile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    maintenance is generally 50-60 grams of carbs a day
    but you have to find a number that works for you. it might be 40. it might be 90.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I did keto for 4mths. I gained 2lbs when i went back to moderate carbs ( glycogen replenishment), which dropped off after a couple of weeks.

If you continue to stay in a deficit or eat your maintenance calories when you up your carbs, you will not gain fat weight. You may see a jump on the scales due to regaining the water weight you lost in the beginning, but that's no big deal, it is not fat weight gain which is the most important thing :smile:

Exactly. You may gain a bit of water weight but that is it.
  • sky2006
    sky2006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks a ton