"If every day were like today"

FlipNFly2
FlipNFly2 Posts: 4 Member
So I've been a part of EM2WL for just a week but I'm wondering does anyone else get disheartened by the "if every day were like today" statement when you complete your diary? Every time I see that it makes me feel like I'm eating waaay to much because according to that I'm never going to lose weight and may even gain. How do you handle that? To me it's like having my mirror tell me I'm fat every morning. Makes eating to my calories a difficult challenge for me. I feel like I'm doing something wrong every day!

Replies

• lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    I don't use that feature, so for me it's one less thing to worry about. The daily prediction isn't going to limit your progress unless you let it. I totally could see how it could be discouraging, maybe try not using it for a few days and see how you feel?
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    I ignore that statement. It is totally worthless. The only way to measure any moving target is to use software that gives a trend line. Search for Hackers Diet online, or if you have an android device download Libre. There is also one for apple products too. Any of these will be able to give you better projections.
    Also, I eat more than MFP suggests, so if I don't reset it for more calories, it tells me I'm going to weight about 160 soon most of the time. My program projects that I will be 145 in 4 weeks and 142 in 12 weeks.
    Hope that helps
  • FlipNFly2
    FlipNFly2 Posts: 4 Member
    Lolo_bunny how do you turn that feature off! I didn't know you could!

• lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    One of trend tracking tools you can use if you have an apple product is called Happy Scale. I just don't hit the button to complete my diary so the notification doesn't pop up. If nit completing it doesn't bother you, then it might help saves a bit of peace of mind.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    just never hit the complete button :D
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Agreed.. I never hit the complete button..
    I certainly don't need the message popping up in my newsfeed either that says "I ate below my calorie goal" on the off chance it happens, and I get hit with a dozen messages congratulating me on eating below.. Blech..

Just dont hit complete.

kelly
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    I never notice it! Haven't changed my weight on here for about 3 or 4 years anyway so it's all just pants!
    Don't think it would be accurate anyhow. If it really does do a number on your mindset, like the rest day, don't hit complete!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL