Maintaining weight but getting slimmer?

I've been maintaining for months at 77kg however I have noticed myself getting slimmer and others are commenting that I am getting too thin, I do work out 4-5 times per week so could this be body fat dropping? I have callipers but can't use them, its the only thing I can think off?

Replies

• mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Recomposition or glycogen stores
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    I've been the same weight for several months, but definitely look smaller. I would say, if you lift, it's probably body fat dropping.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Have you been tracking body measurements with a tape measure? It's completely possible that you are in recomp. I think the comments, "you're getting too thin", are somewhat common. You have to decide whether it's true or not based on objective measures.

I use these sites to estimate my BF%

fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/
    linear-software.com/online.html
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2017
    When you lower your carbs a lot your body will deplete water weight and glycogen stores rapidly; glycogen is attached to water so they leave together. That's why the zero carb folks see such big drops initially. It should taper off to where you will maintenance at.

What is your carb intake per day?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I lost inches for a year after I stopped losing weight.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    JB035 wrote: »
    When you lower your carbs a lot your body will deplete water weight and glycogen stores rapidly; glycogen is attached to water so they leave together. That's why the zero carb folks see such big drops initially. It should taper off to where you will maintenance at.

What is your carb intake per day?

Carbs varies 200-250grams max
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited March 2017
    It's not a glycogen bounce after months of maintenance.

Sounds like you are recomping. Use a tape measure or take progress pictures (or both) to track progress.

Re. the "too thin" comments - how tall are you?
    Are you happy at that weight?