•1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
•1/3 cup chopped onions
•Whole avocado
uh6it38tyfkc.png

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Love Omelettes... I would swap some avo for a whole egg though.... I need a bit of yolk to make the eggs palatable!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Looks great - I know my wife would tear into your dish!

for those of you that frown at egg-whites...Egg white omelettes taste just like whole egg omelettes

For me though - I lose the avocado and add spicy sausage and some hash browns

I dice up a small potato (maybe 2.5 to 3 oz.) for hash browns - in skillet first with onions and a little non-stick cokking spray

I pre-cook my sausage and add a bit of it when the hash browns are nearly done,

then I add the rest of your recipe for a delicious egg white hash.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Don't know how you cook them, but hey, they do. If you need to trick your visual senses, add a whole egg and a couple of egg whites...tastes the same. No trickery, gauranteed.
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't know how you cook them, but hey, they do. If you need to trick your visual senses, add a whole egg and a couple of egg whites...tastes the same. No trickery, gauranteed.

This is what I do. One whole egg and the rest egg whites. The taste is exactly the same.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

This is what I do. One whole egg and the rest egg whites. The taste is exactly the same.

Thats not an egg white omelette. It has nothing to do with colour, one yolk will change the taste and texture a lot.
  • bertygriffith
    bertygriffith Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Thats not an egg white omelette. It has nothing to do with colour, one yolk will change the taste and texture a lot.

I never said that's how to make an egg white omelette. I was merely sharing how I make an omelette more calorie friendly.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

I never said that's how to make an egg white omelette. I was merely sharing how I make an omelette more calorie friendly.

My comment was more relevant to the other comment about it just adding colour. I make Omelettes your way... Because I can't stand egg white Omelettes :)
  • jnic7594
    jnic7594 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The yolk is my favorite part. I eat two hard boiled eggs every morning. Eggs just aren't eggs without them in my opinion, and I'm not sure why people leave them out. If it's calories, you're not saving a whole lot by omitting them anyway.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    jnic7594 wrote: »
    The yolk is my favorite part. I eat two hard boiled eggs every morning. Eggs just aren't eggs without them in my opinion, and I'm not sure why people leave them out. If it's calories, you're not saving a whole lot by omitting them anyway.

Not to mention that they are throwing away the most nutritious part of the egg.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Looks great - I know my wife would tear into your dish!

for those of you that frown at egg-whites...Egg white omelettes taste just like whole egg omelettes

For me though - I lose the avocado and add spicy sausage and some hash browns

I dice up a small potato (maybe 2.5 to 3 oz.) for hash browns - in skillet first with onions and a little non-stick cokking spray

I pre-cook my sausage and add a bit of it when the hash browns are nearly done,

then I add the rest of your recipe for a delicious egg white hash.

NOPE! They taste like egg whites. The yolk is where all the fat and nutrition are and it tastes completely different from the white.

You have now made a whole egg with the yolk a part of it. This will make it more palatable but it is not an egg white omelette.