derailed

Hi

I have eaten irresponsibly over the past three days, now dont get me wrong I am not beating myself, my sister just died, I just need to pull the brakes on it so it doesnt spiral, plus at a time like this I recognise intellectually I need to give my body good nutrition not piles of shall I say hash browns or other processed food

Trying to make the right choices today

Thanks

God bless you

Vicky
xoxox

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    My sympathy on the loss of your sister.

You can't change the past but you can eat better today.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I am so very sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine the loss of my sibling

Do your best to take care of yourself, and forgive yourself and move on if you make bad choices right now.

Healthy choices (with food or anything) may help you feel more grounded and in control when you are dealing with grief...it does for me
  • VictoriousBeauty
    VictoriousBeauty Posts: 135 Member
    Thank you amtyrell, and Vikka, indeed I cant change the past, today I am having a homemade soup, a homemade juice with protein powder, and a roast chicken dinner plus probably a cup of coffee after Church this morning :smile: Trying today to make the right choices Yes Vikka making the right food choices will help emotionally cope as well as physically My sister who just died is my last immediate relative, my other sister died November 2007, mum November 2006, and dad October 2003 so, its just me now but, I have aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, great niece and great nephew so not totally alone Praise God!
    xoxox
  • annobrien2978
    annobrien2978 Posts: 13 Member
    Just do your best I.lost my.sister on.jan.15th its so hard I miss her so much
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    @VictoriousBeauty and @annobrien2978 ,
    I'm so sorry, you have suffered great loss...hopefully you have some family or friends around to make you smile.
    Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself :smile:
  • VictoriousBeauty
    thanks annobrien I messed up lunch but had a very sensible roast chicken for dinner where I controlled the portions

thanks Vikka, yes friends and family doing their best, trying to be kind to myself, made roast chicken today and think enough for 5 more meals :smiley:
    xoxox
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Vicky I am so sorry for your loss, but I am seeing some victory here as well. You acknowledged you went back to old ways and before its way out of control you are hitting the brakes. Most importantly you continue to Praise God during this storm in your life!
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    So very sorry to hear about your sister.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    thanks Julie and Danni

ahh sadly Julie hit other old ways tonight after social worker said I couldnt take a carer with me to funeral as it means out of area, their budget only for support at home. Told to send flowers instead of going to funeral :-1:
    xoxox
  • mahazelwood
    mahazelwood Posts: 11 Member
    Prayers to you and so very sorry for your loss! Feel free to add me as a friend. Were in this together!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    I'm sorry about your sister. Take the time to process this and don't put too much on your plate, both literally and figuratively. I know from experience, when my dad died trying to do too much was terrible. Make good choices but doing beat yourself too bad if a mishap happens.
  • VictoriousBeauty
    thanks mahazelwood and pili

trying to just do one day at a time but, I am not good at that, have gone back into control mode, need to let go and trust God

food plan today is beetroot and carrot juice with collagen protein (breakfast and snack) egg mayo salad sandwich for lunch, and carrot and celery soup with collagen protein for dinner (tomorrow is same except lunch be roast chicken dinner instead of egg mayo sandwich

Got to plan minimally or else am in trouble

God bless you
    xoxox
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I think your sister would be very proud of how you are coping with her loss.

Good luck to you x
  • VictoriousBeauty
    Thank you RuNaRoUnDaFiElD :smile:

trying to keep positive, can fall apart if needed on my return from funeral

God bless you
    xoxox