What event or date is motivating you right now?

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Graduation! My university graduation is in July. I'm currently 150lbs, wanting to get to 135lbs. These are the kinds of photos that are gonna get shown to my eventual kids and grandkids so I want to look good!
  • endlessloser
    endlessloser Posts: 106 Member
    Do you have a specific date or event in the future that's motivating you? Do you have a goal for that date?

Mine is my Disney World trip in December 2017. I want pictures in front of the castle without feeling ashamed of how my body looks.

haha similar! My daughter and I signed up for the Epcot food & wine 10K for November 2017 :) I have NEVER done any running before, not at all anything since public school... I'd like to reach my goal before November. I turn 48 just after the 10k run and would love to reach my goal or at least close to it - which is like 60 pounds. (I'll be happy to lose 45-50 by then).

Training kicks into high gear next week.
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member

We went to Disneyland a few years back....and I was the bag holder :( for everyone. I would love to re take this trip and actually enjoy it. Instead of being extra tired and unable to ride the rides.
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Also before my 30th birthday next January. Hoping for - 100lbs by then I want to start my 30s in onederland
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Lost 20 lbs for my sisters wedding last year.
    This year I would like to lose 15 by June both for summer and my 33rd birthday.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Nov/Dec 2017. I don't wan to go through another holiday season wearing jeans and a sweater because I don't fit into my nice clothes, and I refuse to buy new ones in the size I am now.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Summer for sure.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Just got back this week from a sailing vacation in the BVIs. Wanted to lose 18 lbs from Christmas, made it 15. Next goal - Memorial Day weekend. Another 10 lbs.
  • JenSchimanski
    JenSchimanski Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2017
    22lbs by 2nd June brother and family visiting from overseas.
  • nataliecathcartx
    nataliecathcartx Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2017
    Holiday to Crete with my girls in August!
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    A friend's wedding in early September. I want to invest in a really nice dress, in what will hopefully be my permanent size!
  • abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    I am going to a music festival at the end of may, am hoping to have lost about 10 pounds by then.
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    summer obviously. However i'm pretty bummed out by the stretch marks and extra skin I just can't do anything about and just have to wait it out :neutral:
  • Ally_Fitness87
    Ally_Fitness87 Posts: 6 Member
    Moving to England/Ireland to be with my boyfriend after 3 years long distance :smile: looking to feel healthy and active before we go and when we get there.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2017
    European holiday in July and August. I would like to lose another 6kg by then. Trip of a lifetime!! Want to look good at the beaches in Croatia and fit enough for all l have planned when l visit Iceland.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    My 30th birthday and 6 month weigh-in!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    my first 5k and my 50th birthday in august