Keto lifestyle

Options
Feeling good about the Keto lifestyle and excited that this is something I find easy to follow and even though carbs 'were' my go to for stress eating, (not anymore tho) happy to know there are some really tasty food options!!

Replies

• AdriMarie2017
    AdriMarie2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How many carbs a day are you consuming? How long did it take until you didn't feel like eating all the carbs in sight?
  • hellab24
    hellab24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto. I'm really liking it so far. It's been almost 2 weeks and I've been following it very closely. I need more simple meal ideas.
  • BarbellsandPonytails578
    Options
    Can you ladies pretty please tell me exactly what keto diet is and what you eat on it? Thanks!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome OP. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

They have lots of resources in the sticky note / launch pad area too including links to tons of websites with Keto friendly recipes.
    Can you ladies pretty please tell me exactly what keto diet is and what you eat on it? Thanks!

@ashleypage129 ...the following link will answer both of your questions:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another Keto thread and couldn't be bothered retyping it :)

As a 4 year veteran eating Keto, I can tell you that you still need to eat a calorie controlled diet. If you eat too much you won't lose weight, it's not magic. Having said that, what Keto does do is allow you to stick to your calorie limit easily, as you don't get that gnawing hunger anymore. Protein and fat keep you satisfied, and do not stimulate insulin production which is what gives you that hungry feeling. I tried to control calories for 20 years unsuccessfully, but on Keto I control food, not the other way around.

Other benefits. Reduced migraines. Reduced joint inflammation. Reversed type 2 diabetes. No bloating. No hunger headache or shakes because I haven't eaten. Clearer thinking and more energy. Better mood, has almost completely smoothed out my anxiety and depression.

Things to note. If you do decide to try it, the first week or two can be hard until your body switches from sugar burning to fat burning. Eat pickles, have lots of salt. A magnesium supplement won't hurt (I still take one a day now). Once you get past this period and settle in you'll feel loads better, and your hunger should taper off. Generally with Keto you would eat under 20g carbs a day, hit your protein goal and the rest from fat up to your calorie target. Good calculator here https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ and you can adjust your macros in MFP under goals.

Keto is not hard to stick to, once you get your thinking around "I don't eat sugar, bread, pasta, rice, grain, potatoes" similar to how a vegetarian doesn't eat meat. I have a varied diet of foods I love, eating out is not a problem, nor is snacking or deserts. There are a million recipes out there that can replace almost anything carby. This site is great https://www.ruled.me/

You'll likely lose a bit more weight in the first week or two (water weight) but then it'll settle down to a smaller amount.

Finally, join this group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group there are thousands of Ketoers on there, ask all of your questions, read the pinned posts.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about the Keto lifestyle and excited that this is something I find easy to follow and even though carbs 'were' my go to for stress eating, (not anymore tho) happy to know there are some really tasty food options!!

I agree and I been doing LCHF for over and year and trying to stay under 20 net grams of carbs per day ( dont always make it) and have lost 120 pounds. LCHF eating has caused me to get more creative and now i make and eat lots of good things and love it
  • billglitch
    Options

Not a lady but here is a great website about keto (LCHF) is dietdoctor.com you dont have to buy anything. Lots of reading but lots of good info
  • billglitch
    Options
    hellab24 wrote: »
    I just started Keto. I'm really liking it so far. It's been almost 2 weeks and I've been following it very closely. I need more simple meal ideas.

google low carb recipes or KETO recipes...be careful some are not really low carb, but you will find lots of them
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    my favorite websites are ruled.me wickedstuffed.com dietdoctor.com and pinterest.com

wishing you much success :)