uni student looking for support

Options
Hi everyone,

new on here and just looking for some support. I'm aiming to lose about 18 lbs (8kg) which would put me at my lowest weight i have ever been (i'm 19). what prompted me to do this is that i have always wanted to lose some weight but have always been well within the healthy range so didn't particularly have the motivation. however, recently i came back from uni and had put on about 5kg (puting me at 70kg) which meant i was a hairs breadth away from being overweight (I dont want to start down that track as I know its hard to get out of)

I would love to hear other peoples success stories on here and anyone who is in a similar situation to me.

Ps if you're wondering about my username, its because last term at uni i would eat a ridiculous amount of go ahead yogurt bars, thinking they were "healthy" when I knew deep down they weren't

thank you :)

Replies

• Carcoroner
    Carcoroner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to contact. In 2016 I lose 38 kilograms. I have 191 tall and big frame. I know how to make - 0,5 kg in one day. -)
  • lilacfields
    lilacfields Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just take it one day at a time. Weight will naturally fluctuate up and down, and being in a Uni environment can be tough - lots of social events and deadlines to meet; all of which can make pizza and beer seem very easy to reach for! Perhaps consider doing some batch cooking yourself of some filling and nutritious meals (spag. bol. and curries for example) and portioning it up so you have some in the fridge or freezer to have later in the week. Don't rule out eating your favourite things either - if you want yogurt, have it. Just keep to within your calorie allowance as per MFP set up. I indulge daily on a full-fat probiotic yogurt - sometimes on it's own or dolloped onto my morning porridge. I've been doing this a few months with the help of MFP and I'm over 20lbs down, and feeling so much better. Wishing you all the best on your journey.
  • Nat97x
    Nat97x Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the exact situation as you. I'm in Uni/college and have about 10 kgs to lose. It's so difficult to lose weight as a student and in my situation, my housemate and myself take turns at cooking so i find it difficult to sometimes go with the healthy options. I'm at the blink of turning 20 so we are in a very similar position overall. Feel free to add me, it would be great to have a supportive friend on here who is in such similar position. :)