Wake Up Call

janet6567
janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
My doctor's office called last week about my routine lab work. My A1-C had jumped from 5.2 to 6.4 in three months. YIKES! I'm on the verge of becoming diabetic. My blood pressure has always been good despite my being "over-weight." I found out today that the 5 pounds I've gained in the past 6 months has pushed me into the "obese" category and my BP was 155/78. So it's time to get serious. I may have had a lot of birthdays, but I don't consider myself old. So I'm ready to lose weight and get into shape and stay that way for more birthdays!

Replies

• catgb56
    catgb56 Posts: 13 Member
    I hear ya! I'm in the "obese" category as well, although I certainly don't think I am. Being short it does show up quicker. All my doctors have said, these past 6 months, that I need to lose weight - for my cholesterol, acid reflex, GERD and basically to get back to being healthy. So, here we are, uh? Do you have mini goals for your weight/exercise? Almost to my first goal - taking me 6 weeks to get there, and then from there will set another mini goal. Healthy - slow and steady - but we will get there!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    That was the sort of wake-up call I got January 2016. I created my mfp username January 25 and weighed 272.4 Today I weigh 177.8 and am off my blood pressure meds. My weight loss has slowed dramatically in the past few weeks, but that's to be expected when getting close to a goal.