How much weight did you gain while pregnant?

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    1st baby- 40+ lbs (major water weight though, had preclampsia)
    2nd baby- 30 lbs
    3rd baby - 25 lbs

all pregnancies started at roughly 110lbs and I'm 5'4
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    65 pounds with first baby
    35 pounds with second
    Took me almost 11 years to lose the "baby weight" (though I did as soon as I actually tried)
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Baby #1: 30 lbs.
    Baby #2: 0 lbs. (I lost 15 lbs. the first 3 months, then gained it back)
    Baby #3&4 (twins): 33.5 lbs.
    Baby #5: 14 lbs.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    I gained 65 with my daughter and gained 20 with each of my two sons
  • satsuki78
    satsuki78 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    I gained 75 lbs for my triplets. It took me 14 months to lose the weight. Typically 50 lbs is recommended for a triplet pregnancy, but I was advised to gain more since my pre-pregnancy weight was 100 lbs and I had one baby that was growth restricted.
  • thedafftone
    thedafftone Posts: 12 Member
    Second time I put on 34lb. Think it was similar first time but lost my records.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    30#.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2017
    I gained 45lbs the first time, about 35lbs the second time. I am 5'7" and both times I started around 130lbs. I was very lean when I got pregnant each time, and I gained the right amount for both.. with my second I was actually really fit right up to delivery. For me, I lose it so fast postpartum when I start nursing, so it is a good thing I gain a decent amount and have some reserves.
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    My OB told me to gain 40 pounds. He said research shows that 40 pounds weight gain for the momma results in more 7 lb babies. I gained 40 pounds each child. Both babies were 7lb 11 oz--both. I had no trouble losing weight with either baby. My problem was after I weaned my 2nd one. She was sickly & I binged ate to deal with the stress. When she was no longer sickly, I binge ate just 'cuz.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    50 pounds for both. It came off pretty easily in 8 months just nursing and walking. Then I look at more because I nursed a long time.
  • cicijames
    cicijames Posts: 1 Member
    I gained 100 pounds my baby was 11 pounds. It wasn't natural though I was very anemic and had to take multivitamins plus multiple iron medications which made me so flipping hungry. I lost it all it took 2 years I breast fed until my son was 1 then I think my hormones changed food didn't taste as good anymore. Kept it off for a year then gained half of it back
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    25 kg plus each time. That was nearly half my body weight at the time. I lost it all within 3 months post partum, again both times.

This is far more than the recommended healthy pregnancy gain.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    45lbs with both. I was about 10lbs underweight with the first one however and lost all the weight within 2 weeks after delivery. With the second one, held onto an extra 10-15lbs until I weaned.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I gained about 25 lb with the first and 30 lb with the second.
    When I finished breastfeeding the second, I was at my lowest adult weight (145 lb and 5'7").

And then I forgot to stop eating for two, and here I am to lose the post-weaning weight. ;) For me, breastfeeding worked wonders for weight loss and my pregnancy gains were not a big deal.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Started both times at about 120-125 and gained 55 pounds with both pregnancies. First time I ate anything I wanted because I "was eating for two", but only lost 13 pounds in the hospital (including 8 lb baby). So had to work hard to get the baby fat off. Second time I watched every morsel and exercised and I STILL gained the same amount of weight. Guess that's how my body worked.

A baby is such a blessing that it's worth the extra work to take off the baby weight!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    33 lbs. for my first
    35 lbs. for my second
    almost 50 for my third

The weight came off easily for number 1 and 3. I never really lost all the weight from the second when I got pregnant for the 3rd. After the last one, I lost all the weight plus some.
  • amykay9377
    amykay9377 Posts: 98 Member
    I went from 150 to 120 to 192. The 30-lb drop was due to massive morning sickness, and once that passed, I apparently ate for 4!
    After delivery, I was able to get back down to 170 (which, sadly, is basically my goal weight at this point...)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    First one almost 80lbs. 31 weeks this week and under 15 so far.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    I gained about 50 lbs when I had my daughter. I was under-weight before I had her. I took the weight off in about 6 months. If I ever had to do it again, I'd be a lot more careful about what I ate when I was pregnant.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    5'4" about 125 lbs pre-pregnancy. Up about 40 lbs during pregnancy. Weighed about 140-145 lb post birth.