Transform App by Chris & Heidi Powell - Carb Cycling?

Options
I was wondering if anyone else is using the the newly released Tranform app by Chris & Heidi Powell? It is a fairly well rounded app that uses macros and carb cycling as a weight loss method. I just started using it this week and am hoping to see success with it. I typically follow a pretty low carb diet so having high carb days is a little hard to get used to. Any pointers or success stories with carb cycling?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I recently dropped carb cycling because the low carb days weren't enough volume for me. But if it helps you get into a calorie deficit, than it will work. What I took away from it was cycling calories. I find it easier to do 4 high cal days and 3 low calorie days.
  • Spencieca
    Spencieca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app today and am excited to see how it works!
  • adebernardi
    adebernardi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am on day 3 and so far things have gone well. The low carb days have me eating way more fat than what I am used to but I am going to trust the program and give it time to see how my body reacts. I will be anxious to weigh next week. I have also been pleased with the recipes they provide. The chicken basil spagehetti was really good. Keep in touch and let me know how the first days go for you. Best of Luck!
  • marcosheller
    marcosheller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting with he Transform App tomorrow, Monday, 4/10. I came here to see if anyone had any suggestions. I am not sure if I am missing something, but on the high carb meals, there is no veggie's. I'll trust that it is correct. Looking forward to great success on this program. Good luck to all that are doing it.
  • adebernardi
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am starting with he Transform App tomorrow, Monday, 4/10. I came here to see if anyone had any suggestions. I am not sure if I am missing something, but on the high carb meals, there is no veggie's. I'll trust that it is correct. Looking forward to great success on this program. Good luck to all that are doing it.

I have read in their book that you don't have to count veggies and they are allowed on either low or high carb days. If you eat them on low carb days just make sure they are green fibrous veggies. If I am still hungry, I will add broccoli as it is low cal and relatively low carb that still provides great nutrition.
  • Missy_Flores
    Missy_Flores Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Going to start this hopefully tomorrow
  • adebernardi
    Options
    Going to start this hopefully tomorrow

How is it going so far, Missy_Flores?
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am almost one week in on this program. My take away so far... I feel like I am eating a ton of food! The food measurements are really important (ie, 1 2/3 cheese stick), I enjoyed the fact that I knew a high carb day was coming after two low carb days... I felt I could handle it better. The recipe options are pretty good! I do like the plan overall and hope to shed some pounds. I love high carb but my body loves low carb.. So hopefully I am going to find a happy medium. I do wish there was more program information, ie; coffee ok?, can I swap out foods I don't like. I also wish we could choose to add one of the listed fast food options to the app! Overall I will say that the app in interesting, the workouts are great and the video's are very informative.
  • kaelkiera
    kaelkiera Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am on transform too ... switching cycles to see if I can lose faster. I don't have a lot to lose though so these last pounds are a hard, lol
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Going to check it out now!
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app and as a "seasoned dieter" I've found it to be excellent for all level of dieters. They tell you all the meals to eat yet also give you macros if you want to make your own. I have hired a trainer at over $300 per month in the past. The exercise routines on this plan rival my old trainer. It's a great value if you will follow the plan. The app recognized I plateaud and recommended a change in plan for me. I took it and lost 1.5 lbs the next week. It's like having a macro trainer and gym trainer in your pocket. They even post videos on the app every week to encouragd you. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a plan.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have the app now and am finding it hard to eat that many calories. I struggle between what MFP tells me I should eat and what the app tells me I should eat. I am not losing anything at this point. Not inches either. But I feel like I am waffling between the two and not doing either fully. Like some days I do the calories for MFP and some I do the app and I feel guilty when I do the app calories, but then feel like I am doing it wrong when I follow the MFP calories. lol .. had the stomach bug Sunday and was all out of whack. Ugh.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have the app now and am finding it hard to eat that many calories. I struggle between what MFP tells me I should eat and what the app tells me I should eat. I am not losing anything at this point. Not inches either. But I feel like I am waffling between the two and not doing either fully. Like some days I do the calories for MFP and some I do the app and I feel guilty when I do the app calories, but then feel like I am doing it wrong when I follow the MFP calories. lol .. had the stomach bug Sunday and was all out of whack. Ugh.

pick one and stick to it - but they use different formula's for calculating (MFP uses NEAT where you eat back workout cals, the app likely uses TDEE where you don't)
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me how many carbs. they allow on their low carb days and high carb days?
    Thanks.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I think it is different for each person on what they weigh and what program they have chosen to do. Mine seem to be on low carb days 80-100 carbs. My high carb days are on my reward days as I have chosen to do the reward meal every other day rather than a full reset day, so i don't know what they are. The meals they have planned are about 184 carbs and then my reward meal is whatever I want.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I think it is different for each person on what they weigh and what program they have chosen to do. Mine seem to be on low carb days 80-100 carbs. My high carb days are on my reward days as I have chosen to do the reward meal every other day rather than a full reset day, so i don't know what they are. The meals they have planned are about 184 carbs and then my reward meal is whatever I want.

I'm not familiar with that app, are these "reset/reward days and meals" part of the program?
    If you don't know the nutrition of those meals it's very possible they are too high in calories and offsetting any deficit you may have created the rest of the week, thus you aren't losing weight.

I agree with the above, you need to pick one method and stick with it.
  • hyperchikss
    hyperchikss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this on Monday. Have to go shopping first.
  • m8kitwork
    m8kitwork Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi... I know this is an old post but hoping someone may be able to help... Does the transform app synch with MFP, or do you have to enter food in both?
  • adebernardi
    Options
    @m8kitwork No, the two apps do not sync. However, if you follow the Transform App food plan and make all of the meals that they suggest , you really wouldn't need to use MFP as the Transform App will track all of the macros/calories.
  • moelman13
    moelman13 Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I just realized this thread is over two years old. Anyone have any success with Transform?