39 steps before I got out of bed?

cldb77
cldb77 Posts: 33 Member
Hello, anyone know how this has happened and how to fix it? I have the charge 2

Replies

• brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Mine shows steps before I wake up for the day as well but I do get out of bet to use the bathroom between midnight and morning and I know that I readjust my sleeping position, typically any sharp arm movements are going to be counted as steps. If you look at your sleep quality in the fitbit dashboard I'd be willing to bet you have several restless moments through the night which would account for the steps.

My personal take on it, 39 steps out of 10,000 or more a day isn't going to be enough of an impact to really matter. If you think about it it does probably take about the same energy expenditure to toss and turn as it does to take a few steps too.

Regards,
    Bruce
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    The amount of calories associated with those weak steps from sleeping movement is immaterial.

Look at your daily graph of calorie burn and find when those steps are, and what the calorie burn is during that 5 min chunk.
    Is it even any higher than the base sleeping calories?
  • cldb77
    Ah never thought it could be from tossing and turning at night. I knew my sleep was bad but only had the Fitbit a couple weeks and the sleep graphs are showing seriously restless sleeps, I'm becoming so obsessed with all my stats
  • JuniorLighter
    JuniorLighter Posts: 20 Member
    I have sleep apnea and use a C-Pap. I get great quality sleep. It was cool to see how infrequent my restlessness episodes occur. Perhaps you may benefit from a sleep study. I am seriously overweight, morbidly obese even. I am finding that losing 48 pounds, using my c-pap, and getting more exercise are all compounding to result in better sleep quality. Also, my bathroom is about 20 steps from my bed.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    You didnt happen to do the rumpy pumpy with your partner before getting up :lol: This will add erroneous steps.
  • cldb77
    Ha ha wasn't but will definitely checking it next time
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Fitbit is a movement tracker...the term "steps" should be interchangeable with movement. We toss, we turn at night and the Fitbit tracks it. So it's working as it should.