Meal Preppers Thread?

Options
HoldTheDoor13
HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
I've gotten really into meal prep lately, thought it might be nice to have a thread where us Preppers can share photos and recipes?

These are some of my recent preps- plus an imgur link where I've written up recipes!

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Xgg1k
http://m.imgur.com/a/qObYD

a766oxnruflz.jpeg
k3fvagr4beok.jpeg
159g1naybbp1.jpeg
miesszp4hdpe.jpeg
p6ygjf1jhunt.jpeg
xz07zz0ozjya.jpeg

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a thread!
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of your meals! They all look amazing. I prep for the week on Sunday but mine are pretty boring.

I'm sure they're not that boring :) would love to see a photo of your next one!

I prep on Fridays and Mondays, it's for three people so only doing it once a week would be pretty hard

• MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I found it much easier to stick to my diet when meal prepping. I try to meal prep on Sundays and make enough food to last me until Thursday. I'll then cook my food on Fridays/Saturday/Sunday.
    I do find though that by the time I cook breakfasts (frittata) & lunch&snacks I get tired and don't have a lot of energy to come up with something imaginative for dinners.
    Anyone else finding it quite tiring?
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hell yea! I'm in! But I post most my stuff on Instagram!
  • nicoleexo2015
    nicoleexo2015 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Following! I am addicted to meal prep after doing it for about 2 months now. It is amazing how it simplifies your life!8m97v4ue6olw.jpg

Looks good. What's the recipe ? I'm going to start meal prepping.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i do it but not like i mean it. :/ i'll start tonight and begin to post pictures.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    I mostly meal prep for the days I work. Then on the days I have off I don't worry about it as I have the time and energy.
  • SkittlesSeattle
    SkittlesSeattle Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    hebasita87 wrote: »
    How long do prepped meals last in fridge? Im always a bit concerned if food sits in my fridge for more than 3 days.

I have always been interested in meal preparation as a way to help simplify that part of my life and to also broaden my cooking abilities. What has held me back is the fact that I have the same questions and concerns as the previous poster. I know a lot of mine comes from not being and experienced cook and also having no sense of smell.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In for ideas.

I really need to do this.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    In the freezer many foods last 3-4 months.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sorry no pictures, but today I cooked salsa chicken in the crock pot as well as a big batch of chili. Should last for the first 3 days this week or so. Would love to see more picture on this thread. Will try to take some this next weekend.
  • Vihisha
    Vihisha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    spikedmax wrote: »
    Go to Costco, in the back by the TP and cling wrap they have meal containers, 32 count, for $10 bucks. Can't beat it!

Thx 4 the info!