Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Lol
  • wsandy8512
    dvuji43dofmg.jpg

I tried super hard to get at least 1200 calories, but even with as much food as you see here, adds up to 949. Adding a blueberry smoothie to help get calorie count up.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    I couldn't make even 1000 calories today. I listen to my body, full is full and I'm not going to try and shove more on for a higher number
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    shans34 wrote: »
    I couldn't make even 1000 calories today. I listen to my body, full is full and I'm not going to try and shove more on for a higher number

I went to go make a smoothie and just couldn't do it, the thought of adding one more thing, just nope. Something in my head also clicked... "Eating regardless of being full is what got you into this mess in the first place, Sandy!" lol

• wsandy8512
    Today's lunch, homemade chicken salad with onions, apple, grapes, extra sharp cheddar cheese, and mayo, coupled with baby spinach on a low carb/low sodium wrap. I drank some dandelion tea with cider vinegar and honey with it. I was just shy of making 1000 calories, too stuffed to eat more.

I'm feeling really good today. OMAD way of life is one of the easiest plans I've ever been on. I'm still very new to this, but after axing the creamer from my coffee, I find it easier to get through the days without going insane wanting to eat, even though I shouldn't. zcf4nslop4ai.jpg
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    wow that looks good
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    What brand wraps do you eat? I eat Mission Carb Balance and they have 6 net carbs per tortilla :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    What brand wraps do you eat? I eat Mission Carb Balance and they have 6 net carbs per tortilla :)

I just saw low carb and low sodium on the package and grabbed it, I was shocked at how good they were. Toufayan Bakeries Hearth Baked Wraps: Low carb-low Sodium. 16g of carbs though, 0 from sugar, and 125 mg of sodium.

I love Mission Tortillas. Are their low carb ones, good?
  • Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

I just saw low carb and low sodium on the package and grabbed it, I was shocked at how good they were. Toufayan Bakeries Hearth Baked Wraps: Low carb-low Sodium. 16g of carbs though, 0 from sugar, and 125 mg of sodium.

I love Mission Tortillas. Are their low carb ones, good?

How many grams of fiber in one of yours?

I love the taste of mine, they are 100% whole wheat :)
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    @brendagaudette, 7 grams of fiber. I might have to try those sometime. Felt like I've been retaining water so these ones were perfect. I think it was the high salt from the chinese food, like you said. :-)
  • Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @brendagaudette, 7 grams of fiber. I might have to try those sometime. Felt like I've been retaining water so these ones were perfect. I think it was the high salt from the chinese food, like you said. :-)

So that would be 16 grams of carbs - 7 grams of fiber to give it 9 net carbs, that's pretty good :)
  • wsandy8512
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that formula. TY :-)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Beautiful wrap, outstanding photography. I love food pictures like yours!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    That wrap looks so yum! :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Sandy’s Weight Loss Chart by the Week:

Starting Weight on 3/5/17................224.8.......
    OMAD Starting Weight 4/13/17........213.8....... -11
    4/21/18...........................................213.4.......-0.4

Well, -.4 isn't much but seeing how I gained 2.2 back between last weigh in and today's weigh-in, so I'll take it! lol
  • wsandy8512
    I think I gained 2.2 pounds back when I was constipated from Saturday on, as well as retaining water. I'm also wondering if not getting enough calories is hurting me. I'm struggling to hit 1000 with one meal in an hour. Should I expand my window? Maybe 3 hours instead of one and snack on healthy things to get to 1200? I ask that, but keeping in mind that I did lose 2.4 pounds, in total, since Tuesday.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I do not have the answer for your question but I would advise you to go on a trial and error basis, try adding more calories ( a little at a time) and seeing how you go. Cereal bars or smoothies can be an easy way to add some extra calories with less effort.

OR keep eating till you are full and no more even though you're below and see how you go.
  • Brendalea69
    I don't always hit 1000 calories either, I just eat until I'm full :)
  • wsandy8512
    @Madgirl1, thanks for posting your thoughts on this, I really appreciate it. Sounds like really good ideas.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Even i don't hit 1000 cal ever, except on my splurge days when I have two meals.. You could try what @1MADGIRL suggested and share your results..