Favourite smoothie recipes?

Woodsmoke
Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
I've bought myself a smoothie maker and it has been so useful for breakfast replacement on my early shifts.

What are your favourite recipes?

Replies

• Woodsmoke
    Bump
  • dewrail
    dewrail Posts: 3 Member
    1 medium, Bananas
    1 cup, thawed, Strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
    8 fl oz, Fruit Punch
    1 oz., Greek Nonfat Yogurt, Vanilla
  • gramercygurl6
    gramercygurl6 Posts: 2 Member
    Strawberry and banana frozen. Protein milk vanilla. No ice needed. Blend and enjoy.
  • Woodsmoke
    Why do people put ice in smoothies? Doesn't it just make it thinner? I like thick smoothies :)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    1 cup spinach
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen dark cherries (unsweetened but the variety is sometimes called sweet cherries)
    1 TB ground flaxseed
    3/4-1 cup liquid (I usually use unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this one)
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    dash of cinnamon

ice actually makes smoothies thicker
  • araneae77
    araneae77 Posts: 8 Member
    My breakfast smoothies save my day when I don't have time to sit down and eat, which is most of the time. I usually make some variation of a green smoothie, but feel free to replace the greens with more fruit if you want more sugar/don't like the taste of kale or spinach.

1 cup loosely-packed raw kale pieces
    1/2 cup spinach leaves
    1/2 frozen banana (makes it thicker without watering it down with ice)
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup pineapple (helps with morning bloating)
    3/4-1 cup water or low-cal juice
    Add lemon juice to taste

I usually add a tsp of OJC (Organic Juice Cleanse, Apple surprise flavor) supplement powder to my smoothie, but it's not necessary. Just some extra fiber and vitamins. :smile:
  • KikiPridgen210
    KikiPridgen210 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi guys! My fav smoothie is the Fruit& veggie blenders (Energy boost). I buy from Wal-Mart <3 . I like to add cran-grape juice and some frozen or fresh pineapple to sweeten it. It seems to increase energy that I need with 6 kids and a hubby <3<3<3
    Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of milk to use in smoothies? I tried using regular milk... didn't tate too good to me. :|
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2017
    Woodsmoke wrote: »
    Why do people put ice in smoothies? Doesn't it just make it thinner? I like thick smoothies :)
    @Woodsmoke

It makes it thicker... or you can use a frozen banana or other frozen fruit for the same effect. :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Hi guys! My fav smoothie is the Fruit& veggie blenders (Energy boost). I buy from Wal-Mart <3 . I like to add cran-grape juice and some frozen or fresh pineapple to sweeten it. It seems to increase energy that I need with 6 kids and a hubby <3<3<3
    Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of milk to use in smoothies? I tried using regular milk... didn't tate too good to me. :|

almond milk is good
  • Toyatcblac
    Toyatcblac Posts: 1 Member
    Use frozen fruits 1/4 orange juice 1/4 water chia seeds two squirts of aguava sweetener and flax seed powder with a cup of spinach or kale or both
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member

I use frozen fruit instead of ice. I think the ice just makes it taste watered down.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    frozen banana, strawberry, almond milk, protein powder, chia, flax, and hemp seeds. It ends up being pretty high calorie but keeps me more than satisfied until lunch
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Woodsmoke

It makes it thicker... or you can use a frozen banana or other frozen fruit for the same effect. :smile:

You can also add a small amount of guar gum or xanthum gum. One makes them thicker the other smoother, and in various combinations really make it like a "milkshake" should be :) can read more here; https://www.bobsredmill.com/blog/recipes/guar-gum-vs-xanthan-gum/
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Coconut pineapple banana smoothie
    Prep Time
    5 mins
    Total Time
    5 mins

Servings: 2

200 ml coconut milk 1/2 a tin
    125 g pineapple chunks
    100 ml pineapple juice I used half a large tin of pineapple chunks, including the juice
    2 medium bananas

Instructions

Add all the ingredients to your blender. Starting at a low speed, turn the blender on, and gradually increase the speed to medium. Blend for around 1 minute, until smooth. Serve chilled.
    Note: this recipe makes a beautifully thick smoothie. If you’d like to make it thinner, just add a little more juice or milk.

• cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    pb2, spinach, almond milk, and banana.
  • brit111315
    brit111315 Posts: 1 Member
    My kids and husband LOVE this smoothie.

1 frozen banana
    4 or 5 frozen strawberries
    8 or 9 frozen blueberries
    1 cup Trop 50 orange juice (with added calcium)

This makes 1 smoothie and is 170 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 35% daily calcium!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    I only have them on occasion, but I don't like sugary add ins.

My current favorite is very simple...one banana, two tablespoons of natural peanut butter, one serving of unflavored protein powder, and water. It tastes very good (without being super sweet) and doesn't add a crazy amount of sugar (just the natural sugar in the banana)
  • Woodsmoke
    My best one so far:

1 banana
    1 Activia 0% Fat Vanilla Yoghurt
    200mls unsweetened soya milk
    75g frozen raspberries
    1tbsp Rowse honey with cinnamon.

Ermergersh it's beautiful!
  • jenhaynes74
    jenhaynes74 Posts: 5 Member
    Whey Protein (1 scoop)