Exhausted!! No breaks

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    kaykay6676 wrote: »
    When should I switch to a harder program?

When you've determined that you can eat enough to fuel it.
  • kaykay6676
    kaykay6676 Posts: 80 Member
    Okayy
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Like how long should I do beginner for?

Awhile. Just do it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited April 2017
    Like how long should I do beginner for?

In terms of moving on in SC, in the book he indicates when you should move to the advanced.. ie. Being able to do an unassisted chin-up, 50 bodyweight hip thrusts, 135lb deadlift x10 etc.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    I'd actually go see a doctor first. You don't know why you lost so much weight. It could be a thyroid problem, hyperthyroid. Obviously, I'm not a doctor but did have hyperthyroid and I lost quite a bit of weight and ate like a linebacker. Hyperthyroid can be very dangerous as it takes a toll on almost everything in your body. Good luck!
  • kaykay6676
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf for this workout I'm going to start doing there's two from A1 to A2 I won't be able to do at home and that's the bench press and front lay pull down. Will i still get good results if I don't do those? Or do you think I need to do them in order to get what I'm looking for?
  • kaykay6676
    And should I workout before or after breakfast
  • bbell1985

Why would that matter? Just do the dang workout.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Why would that matter? Just do the dang workout.

And eat before and after.... Because calories.
  • sardelsa
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf for this workout I'm going to start doing there's two from A1 to A2 I won't be able to do at home and that's the bench press and front lay pull down. Will i still get good results if I don't do those? Or do you think I need to do them in order to get what I'm looking for?

For the bench press, do you not have dumbbells or a bench? You can sub in floor press if you don't have a bench or decline(feet elevated) push ups or chest press with bands. For the lat pull down you can sub pull-ups (assisted if you cant do them) or if you don't have a pull-up bar, you can use a resistance band with handle or some type of inverted row.
    If you have the book you can check out the index for exercise substitutions.

Also workout anytime that is convenient for you and you feel best. It really doesn't matter.
  • kaykay6676
    Thank youuu!!
  • kaykay6676
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf so confused with how this works. Lol. Do I do all the 1-4 workouts 3 days a weeks for four weeks? Or the first part of 1-4 one day and then the second the next day etc.. or what? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Lol
  • kaykay6676
    Also do I do a1 - b2 3 times and then do the rest of the workouts? or do a1 - a2 with the other exercises and then b1 - b2 with the rest if the exercises if ya get what I'm saying haha
  • bbell1985
    http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/Strong-Curves-Workout-Templates.pdf so confused with how this works. Lol. Do I do all the 1-4 workouts 3 days a weeks for four weeks? Or the first part of 1-4 one day and then the second the next day etc.. or what? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Lol

It's a 3 day program. Day A, B, C. The first 8 weeks do the A, B,C workouts listed under Week 1-4. Add weight and/or reps each week.

If the workout has an A1 or A2 it just means to super set those two lifts. Same with the Bs.

After week 4, go on to the workouts under 5-8.

@sardelsa is the Queen of Strong Curves tho.
  • bbell1985
    Also do I do a1 - b2 3 times and then do the rest of the workouts? or do a1 - a2 with the other exercises and then b1 - b2 with the rest if the exercises if ya get what I'm saying haha

a1, a2 (set 1), a1, a2 (set 2), a1, a2 (set 3)

Then move on to the Bs

Then everything else is in order with no superset.
  • bbell1985
    It says it on the bottom yo
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Hun you aren't eating enough! 112 lbs to 83 lbs is quite concerning. Need to eat more to replenish and gain muscle. Don't eat junk ,still eat healthy, more protein, maybe look into a Mass Gainer if you cant eat enough protein during the day. Should probably eat at least 1.2g/per pound of your lean muscle mass 1.5g/per pound. Lift weights, heavy weights, you want those muscles to break down, heal and build to get bigger. Don't do cardio. If you want do either HIIT Cardio or walking as both don't tap too much into your muscle for energy as you don't much fat the way it is. but really could just cut it all together if you'd like.

Looked at your profile and seriously was just in Cable, WI a few weeks ago which is funny to me that your from there.
  • sardelsa
    @bbell1985 haaa I duno about that but thanks.. :p

It's a 3 day program but you can also run it 4x per week... with workout A being done twice per week. A can be done back to back with B or C. Totally up to you and how you feel.

@kaykay6676 I highly recommend you buy the book (the actual copy not the e-version.. it's easier to follow along) .. it will tell you everything you need to know if you have anymore questions.

• kaykay6676
    Thank you! (: