Annoying pants with muscle gains

Hey there! I have been lifting heavy for a while now and have had some gains in my thighs and butt. I still wear the same size of pants, because my waist has not changed (sz 0 / 24) but, because of those gains (between 1 and 2 inches) my jeans seem to always want to go down as I walk which is pretty annoying. Any ladies or gentlemen having this issue? What are you doing about it?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    My friend has a similar issue, I believe she said she has to wear levi curve jeans or something to that standard.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My solution...I don't wear jeans anymore! I have stretchy black pants that I wear, otherwise, ya I am in the same boat. I know there are certain brands made for lifters, so I am following for recommendations.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    I've heard barbell apparel has some good jeans that are more fit for lifters but I have never personally tried them. I usually just use a belt to tighten the waist on my jeans
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I refuse to wear jeans anymore. If I even so much as look at the calf raise machine my jeggings won't fit any longer. So, loose pants and leggings are becoming a large part of my life, lol.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2017
    I use a belt or just deal.

There are certain jeans that fit men better that I know of, but universally you could just get them tailored as well.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    I've noticed that a certain pair of scrub pants are now getting pretty difficult to pull up over my legs. I'm sure there are different brands of jeans and pants that fit differently and therefore you will find some that feel/look right. Just means trying on more clothes.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I've heard barbell apparel has some good jeans that are more fit for lifters but I have never personally tried them. I usually just use a belt to tighten the waist on my jeans

I just purchased a pair from Barbell Apparel.

Wore them twice - so far, so good.

True to size.

Lots of room in the quad area while fitting my waist and not being too baggy.

They are pricey though. That's the one downfall. I bought them with birthday money. The exchange is killer as I am Canadian.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    I get Levi "Curvy skinny" jeans from Macy's online. They are a bit higher in the back and have a lot of stretch. They fit the gainz perfectly and are really cute! Only like 45 bucks, too.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    As a female there are these really nifty things called Jeggings. Look like jeans, but stretch like leggings. I live in those now. I don't see that going over real big with the male crowd however. :wink:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    As a female there are these really nifty things called Jeggings. Look like jeans, but stretch like leggings. I live in those now. I don't see that going over real big with the male crowd however. :wink:

There is a male version of this...people wear what they want.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

Actually they make these for guys as well...I have a couple pair...I cycle as well as lift so I have ample thighs and a bigger *kitten* than many guys. I can't really wear a slim cut jean unless it's the stretchy denim...otherwise I just have to go with relaxed fit and different occasions call for different things.

Off the rack dress pants and trousers are a PITA.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    A light bulb moment.

I don't have big legs by any stretch of the imagination, but I did think I had put on a little volume.
    My jeans started riding down. I thought it was cos my waist was smaller, even though my jeans are below my waist, so added a belt.
    Never in all my days did I think it may be my thighs, and it is!

Ooh, I learnt something new today, and am quite pleased my skinny legs are at last showing a bit of a gain.

Happy dance, h.
  • caseyjames33
    caseyjames33 Posts: 27 Member
    Bring back the suspenders look. You could start the trend. Or overalls!
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    I am a size 2/26 and have the same issue. I wear Gap curvy fit. Going to look into the Levis for more options, though!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Bring back the suspenders look. You could start the trend. Or overalls!

Agreed, suspenders are due for a comeback.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Hey there! I have been lifting heavy for a while now and have had some gains in my thighs and butt. I still wear the same size of pants, because my waist has not changed (sz 0 / 24) but, because of those gains (between 1 and 2 inches) my jeans seem to always want to go down as I walk which is pretty annoying. Any ladies or gentlemen having this issue? What are you doing about it?

I have this same problem due to my squattom and big quads.

I'm a 30-32 waist but can't get a 30 or 32 past my thighs and if I do, the waist will do up but the flye won't!

I have to go for 34's which then sit funny as they're too loose and you get weird folds where the belt sits.
  • kjwasmund
    kjwasmund Posts: 23 Member
    I've had good luck with American Eagle Jeans or with Old Navy jeggings/skinny jeans. I have a big butt and thighs and small waist. American Eagle makes jeans with mid to high rise and they seem to work better. ( That said, I am wearing an old pair today that is WAY to big in the waist! ) Another solution is long tank tops..those seem to help!
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    I haven't even really gained any muscle in my legs and yet I kind of already have this issue. While my legs are not that big, my waist is very small. I even have a pair of jeans from Gap that are a 28 X 30 slim fit that are a bit loose in the waist but a bit tight in the legs.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I basically don't wear jeans. They're just all a nightmare.

You could try Barbell Apparel jeans though. Heard good things. They make them roomy in the thighs and butt with a small waist for lifters.
  • ArmouredMuscle
    ArmouredMuscle Posts: 64 Member
    I stick to combats style trouser and a belt. My greatest trouble is pants (or underwear for you yanks). I have to use UA boxerjocks that stretch. Wearing items that fit my waist pretty cut my legs off and the other way around just falls off. Doesn't help I have overly lanky limbs for my height.