Trying to gain weight and working out for that body!

Hey! I'm Kayla, I'm new here and new to the workout life. I'm trying to gain some weight and I would also love to start working on getting a nice toned body it doesn't have to be perfect but anything is better than nothing right? If anyone has any tips for starting out please fill free to add me or message me I would love some help on this journey as to I'm pretty clueless. Thanks :)

Replies

• stevet621
    stevet621 Posts: 63 Member
    Hey Kayla!

Knowledge is power. Start by teaching yourself proper exercises, technique, and form. If you want to build muscle, as Chieflrg said, eat in a small surplus and practice progressive overload. Consistency is key! Stay motivated!! Welcome and feel free to ask any questions.
  • Hey! I'm Kayla, I'm new here and new to the workout life. I'm trying to gain some weight and I would also love to start working on getting a nice toned body it doesn't have to be perfect but anything is better than nothing right? If anyone has any tips for starting out please fill free to add me or message me I would love some help on this journey as to I'm pretty clueless. Thanks :)

Watch Whitney Simmons On Youtube. She Will Help You Girl!!!
  • Lexational
    Lexational Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Kayla ! Welcome!
    I agree with what Steve mentioned. Consistency is key! Make exercise and eating healthy a habit and it'll be a breeze rather than feel like a restriction. Once something is a habit you stop having to "decide" to go workout. You just go. Not sure if this makes sense or not haha.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    If you are a beginner, I find it best to follow a program, which program you choose depends solely on your goals. Whatever the program, make sure it teaches good form first. Should help keep you motivated and progressively see results. Remember, diet is still the most important thing.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Pretty simple formula that works 100% if you do each of the following.

1. Eat in a small surplus.
    2. Stimulate muscles with adequate stress.
    3. Recover.
    4. Provide adaptation for muscles through progressive overload.
    5. Repeat until it's time to cut weight.

Following a proven structured lifting program entailing all the above will add muscle as well as strength.

this 100%