What do you eat for Breakfast?

Replies

• lilacfields
    lilacfields Posts: 13 Member
    I have porridge (rolled oats) mixed with skimmed milk and water - microwaved for 1.5 -2 mins. A sprinkle of artificial sweetner (I can live with that it's only a bit!) and a good dollop of probiotic yogurt that has a fruit compote incorporated into it. Keeps me pretty full during the morning. As you seem to have a really early start to your day (if I had your schedule, I think I'd be starving again by 8am) so perhaps carry some fruit and some almonds with you for later in the morning?
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Coffee!! I'm a bad girl and don't eat breakfast.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    32oz chocolate whole milk + gainer mixed in. Easy 2k.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I was happy to recently find out that breakfast isn't really the most important meal of the day since I'm not really a big breakfast person.

I usually hold off until 9-10 am and just have maybe some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
    Today I'm sick and miserable so I actually ate oatmeal (with brown sugar and butter) and 2 pieces of wheat toast.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    I eat oatmeal for breakfast or a croissant but if you need more protein, add a scoop of whey or casein. :smile:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Coffee or pre-workout.
  • nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Three eggs + 1 toast + chocolate milk is my go to.

Banana + muffin bar is my go to when I'm in a hurry.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Zoats with roasted coconut, chia seeds, a superfood mix with more seeds, cinnamon & a drizzle of honey on top (300ish calories). On days when I want lower carbs, I have scrambled eggs with a low fat burger.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    oatmeal with berries and almond milk, or one egg and egg white omelette with veggies and one slice of dave's killer bread. This bread is da bomb- it keeps me full
  • lorraine_the_pain
    lorraine_the_pain Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Bacon and eggs or Bran flakes with semi skimmed milk or Porridge with water.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    cjurick wrote: »
    I'm up at 5:30 am and have very little time to eat breakfast. My recent go to is a whole wheat English muffin, 2 egg whites, a slice of Canadian bacon and a slice of low fat American cheese. I know the bacon and cheese aren't great, and can do oatmeal, but can't eat without some kind of sugar. Protein is a necessity because I get too hungry if I don't get some. Remember- whatever it is, I have to be able to prepare quickly.

I am a yogurt eater. Just found stonyfid 0% greek,,,, it has 23 grams of protein per cup. I add fruit and I'm done. I do aim but they also have a vanilla that tastes better
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Just water. Fasting at the moment.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2017
    My go to breakfasts
    - oats with protein powder . Peanut butter toast and eggs . Kodiak cakes with protein powder. Plain Greek yogurt with protein powder for flavor and berries + granola . Occasionally a tortilla with scrambled eggs , turkey bacon , and a touch of cheese and green salsa
  • samasam799
    samasam799 Posts: 23 Member
    Since it's been on the hot side. I been having smoothies, or egg muffins, yogurt, fruit , some times waffles and cereal. Just depends how I feel that day
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    some of my favorite oatmeal recipes are:
    - oatmeal with frozen blueberries and plant-based milk
    - oatmeal with pb2 and plant-based milk
    - oatmeal with egg whites!
    - oatmeal with seeds, plant-based milk, and fruit

or:
    - toast with pb2, banana, and cacao chips
    - toast with avocado
    - protein shake
  • djdunne2012
    djdunne2012 Posts: 6 Member
    I usually eat oatmeal with fresh blueberries, a splash of vanilla extract and some cinnamon. Sometimes I'll eat Siggi plain yogurt with fresh berries and Bear Naked original cinnamon granola
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    I just finished prepping my work week's breakfasts & lunches. All the breakfasts are the same. Rolled oats, chopped walnuts, raisins, a pinch of cinnamon and sweetener. They are bagged up and will go to the office with me. I don't eat them until later in the morning. Sometimes I will swap out the type of nut or fruit for the week.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Usually I have eggs and toast with turkey sausage or bacon. This morning I had two slices of leftover Pizza Hut. Yum.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    2 egg omelettes with LOTS of veggies, ham and Munster cheese. Yum! Also black coffee with stevia and low sodium v8.
  • JAGrogan
    JAGrogan Posts: 14 Member
    I have an electric pressure cooker and I cook one pound of dry beans in six cups of water with 1 - 2 tablespoons salt. I eat one cup cooked which is actually 2 servings. It is 180 - 240 calories for that 2 servings. I drink 2 cups, 16 oz, hot tea sweetened with a teaspoon of lemon juice and stevia or Splenda. I take a Flinstones chewable.

The 1 lb of dry beans is enough for 12 servings or 6 servings if you double the portion even though the package says 13 or 14 servings. I switch between pinto, kidney, lima, navy or northern, split peas, lentils, turtle or black, and black eyed peas to keep from getting bored with the flavor of one variety.

They are filling, high protein, high carbs, high fiber, and zero fat and that prepares my right for not overeating the rest of the day.

I store them using an air tight Tupperware style container in a fridge that is kept as cold as it can keep without freezing any of the contents. Because cold air sinks that means to keep things in the crisper and bottom shelfs from freezing you'll need the temperature a bit higher on the top shelves so organize accordingly. Because I eat beans for lunch too I am done with a pound in 3 days but they will keep 6 days refrigerated too.