What do you eat for Breakfast?

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    @JAGrogan So you eat beans for breakfast and lunch, every day?
    Do you add any seasoning besides some cooking salt?
    Do you share a cubicle, or work alone?

I like beans, a magical fruit. I just have never tried them with that frequency.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I eat porridge, just the instant sachet ones 2 minutes and it's ready. Seems to keep me going for quite a while

I agree. Had some for a few days earlier this month.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    overnight oats- i make up a batch of 4 or 5 servings in jars and pop them in the fridge- zap in the microwave for a minute and your done. favourites are carrot cake overnight oats (almond milk, vanilla, grated carrot, a few raisins, vanilla, nutmeg and some greek yoghurt) etc. Do some googling and you will find hundreds with no added artificial sugars which are high in protein.
  • SarahBelle43
    SarahBelle43 Posts: 21 Member
    My new favorite *Easy* breakfast:

lightly grease muffin tin, line each cup with a slice of ham
    add any veggies you like! (I like a little salsa, too!)
    pour 1-2 egg whites on top
    Sprinkle with cheese or spices
    bake at 375 for about 10 mins

I make a dozen or so on Sunday, and keep them in the fridge, ready to grab, microwave, and go! also great post-work out snack
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Peanut butter & strawberry jam on wholegrain toast and a cup of tea with SS milk & half a sugar is my usual. I'm not that hungry on a morning but this is super quick and keeps me going till lunch.
  • rhinestoneradio
    rhinestoneradio Posts: 19 Member
    I make my own iced caramel macchiatos at home and work on it throughout the morning (I am the world's slowest drinker). If I finish before noon, I'll have a glass of water or an apple or something. I tend to worry about running out of calories at the end of the day so I like to have 1,000 left after work.
  • Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    Fruit and fibre (cereal) 40g with Semi-skimmed milk (~100-ml) - this is not a lot of protein breakfast but I like it so I thought I'd include it

or

1x bacon rasher, 2-3x mushrooms, 1x scrambled egg - I grill the bacon and mushrooms together and use a little plastic thing for eggs in the microwave - means I need no oil and it comes out how I like it.

I pretty much switch between them. Sometimes I might change it if I buy a bag of bagels or some bread (e.g. bacon and mushroom or egg and mushroom bagel, or scrambled egg on a slice of toast). I always also have a big coffee with milk (~50ml) and sugar (~3tsps).
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    A banana most days is all. Keeps me full.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Daily, 20 oz of black coffee.

Race day or run longer than 8 miles, 40g steel cut oatmeal (uncooked weight) cooked in water, mixed with 4g brown sugar, 14g walnuts, 20g raisins.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,707 Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    oatmeal with berries and almond milk, or one egg and egg white omelette with veggies and one slice of dave's killer bread. This bread is da bomb- it keeps me full

I love Dave's Killer Bread!

Smoked salmon on Dave's Killer Bread, with or without avocado.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    usually oatmeal, eggs, or a shake
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    I love Kodiak Cakes banana muffins, packed with protein and easy to eat on the go. I make a batch on Sunday and eat them through the week.
  • Take 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread or a nice Sprouted Whole Grain. You can then add 1.) sausage+egg-whites 2.) Acocado+Sriracha 3.) Pb2 or reg PB 3.) Greek Yogurt+BalsamicVin <3
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited April 2017
    My usual is two pieces of bacon, 2 eggs and a starch (roasted potatoes, toast or a biscuit).

Sometimes I do a protein shake, waffles with berries or oatmeal.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Plain Greek yogurt with some milk (to thin it out), protein powder and fresh fruit. I make it the night before and add the fruit before I leave. It tastes a lot like chocolate mousse when it sits overnight.
  • Beautywalk
    Beautywalk Posts: 9 Member
    Two slices of Trader Joe's 7 grain sprouted bread toasted, with ~ 1 Tbsp reduced fat Kerry Irish butter and lots of cinnamon with stevia powder (pure stevia). It's a quick and filling 200 calories, 8 net carbs, and 10 protein. Occasionally I microwave a couple of eggs with precooked Wellshire chicken apple sausages. Weekends I make french toast with the uber low carb bread and use sugar free maple syrup.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    A cup of coffee, if I have to get up really early then I have two cups of coffee.
  • roperrocky
    roperrocky Posts: 8 Member
    Greek yogurt, banana, fresh berries and protein powder smoothie
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    I usually do a high protein smoothie (pasteurized egg whites, almond milk, greek yogurt, oatmeal, fruit). I make it the night before while prepping lunches so in the morning I just have to give it a bit of a shake and go. If I have time, I'll add a slice of toast or something I've baked and frozen like a pancake or apple crisp. If I'm taking breakfast to go, half of one of my protein bars. (I love my smoothie but if I don't have something to chew, it's not a meal to me.)

Oh, and COFFEE.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    3 slices of wheat toast, 3 eggs, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of Yogurt. And I sip on a protein shake while cooking the eggs. Every...damn...day...