picky eater, busy mom

emilyastrange
emilyastrange Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2017 in Recipes
I'd like to say first of all, I started out as a Carbavore!!! So I'm looking into keeping off weight and losing atleast 15 more pounds. I'm terrible with veggies, I eat pretty much all of the colors but green. I do sneak kale in smoothies and eat spinach and lettuce. Aside from those greens I am incredibly picky. I am not a vegetarian but I only eat poultry and rarely a burger substitute and sometimes bacon. Any suggestions a far as other veggies or ways to hide the taste in food..Or even simple meal prep. I work at a salon and have a two year old so I got lazy as well. I just want to stay motivated ecaus I'm so close to my goal and wan to keep a healthy lifestyle that works for me. I thank you all for suggestions and readig

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Have you tried roasted veggies yet? Or sheet pan meals? I love them because it is so easy and easy clean up. You cover a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper throw on the veggies and protein and roast everything together. I have made chicken and shrimp fajitas, roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, a mix of red pepper, mushrooms and snow peas. Everything is great. The veggies get brown crispy edge and have great flavor. Most veggies not all cook at 400 for about 20 minutes. If you search sheet pan meals or suppers you will find tons of ideas. Here is some I tried.

The Fajitas: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8Tc4ncJgI
    shape.com/recipe/miso-glazed-salmon-and-bok-choy
    foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/sheetpan-sausage-supper
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    try cauliflower rice - its easy peasy and I quite like it. The best one I had so far was a cauliflower fried rice from Pinterest
    I second the sheet pan meals and roasted veggies. Growing up I HATED veggies. Turns out I love them and just hate my moms cooking (sorry mom).