Non-Scale Victories!

1234568»

Replies

• WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    I have tracked for 90 consecutive days..even getting up at midnight to do my tracking when the day got away from me. I've also resumed free weights (okay, the good-looking guys at the free weight room have always been a motivator). I've noticed how much stronger my upper body is. Though I'm not "ripped", there's definitely a confidence to my bearing that wasn't there before. Not to turn this too much towards current events, but if someone like Harvey Weinstein considered approaching me, I now feel so powerful I think I'd kick him where it hurts!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2017
    A coworker said "wow you're really losing weight!" to me today! I said thank you I am trying! And she said "no, you really are. A lot!"

I've lost like 10-15 pounds in 3 months lol but I'll take it! Especially being up 3 pounds (water weight I'm sure...) this morning from Friday due to binge drinking and eating at a halloween party over the weekend. :D
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    After doing about an hour of hip & back stretches every day for two weeks solid, I discovered that I can suddenly reach across my back for my hands to touch again. - Couldn't do that for years! Very handy for zipping up dresses. :-)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    After doing about an hour of hip & back stretches every day for two weeks solid, I discovered that I can suddenly reach across my back for my hands to touch again. - Couldn't do that for years! Very handy for zipping up dresses. :-)

@shroodle88 Do you mind sharing what stretches you do? I’m always looking for more! My hips are soo tight.
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    @bribucks I bought "The Anatomy of Stretching" a while ago and it's been a really useful resource because it lists stretches by muscle group and also mentions what conditions/complaints they address.

https://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Stretching-Second-Illustrated-Rehabilitation/dp/1583943714

But if you have tight hips, it might be a good idea to get an assessment by an osteo, who can help you put together a program, so you don't end up injuring yourself. (I did calf stretches for achilles tendonitis for ages and it did a lot of harm because the tightness originated somewhere completely different and I was just aggravating the problem).
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    When I first bought my Spanx, I got a M knowing full well that I needed a L. Of course, they always cut off my circulation so I stopped wearing them. The other day, I wore them to a party and lasted all night with no pain :smile:
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Two great NSVs this week.

A clothing NSV - I fit into a pair of size 8 (US size 4) trousers for the first time in my life. I didn't like them so I didn't buy them but this is a big victory for me as even as a teen I was never that small.

An exercise NSV - I finally got my 5K time under 30 minutes (29:39)!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I have grounded myself from online ordering for a while. But most of my pants and shorts are getting too big. I bought these sexy lace up shorts from amazon in a Med(US) since that's the size I've been fitting. I laced them up and had to cinch the laces down all the way. The shorts are too big. I will now have to call Amazon for a return label and get a small. I don't remember being a small bottom ever. I've been close to 140 many times before and have not been this small. This time I guess I really worked my butt off!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I had to buy new underwear, because all of mine was too big and was bunching around. I went from a Large to a Small.
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    I love seeing photos of myself from a year or 2 ago and look at where I am know. I’m proud I took the long healthy way to weight management. I love how fit and muscular i am. Best of all, i love where I am in my head. Peaceful, happy, balanced. Of course loosing weight doesn’t bring that but eating well and exercising does.
    My work orders uniforms in January with a delivery in the Fall. I ordered size 8 which would’ve been small last winter, now I’m at the point that I think I will need to send them all back because they will be too big.
    Finally, how great does it feel to attend a pool party and be the most confident parent in a bathing suit!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Wedding dress from 36 years ago still fits... maybe with a bit more boob in it now (thank you life and menopause, lol.)
  • IFBird
    IFBird Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am 51 and going through meno. What I had noticed is that I was getting pathetically weak, not helped by working a desk job. Anyhow, joined a lovely friendly gym a month ago and have a lovely team who really are brilliant. I start my sessions with a bit of cardio, then do various top to bottom weights, resistance and strength training and ending my session with small amount of cardio. No weight loss (I just need to shift about 10 lbs), but my body is gaining strength, muscle developing nicely and I have lost 2.1% body fat!!!! People are asking me if I have lost weight!! All this in a month too. I do 3 x 1 hr sessions and some walking. I love this. I need to continue this routine for another month, then the gym will change it up for me - they really are brilliant xx