3500 calories a day meal ideas

I know this might be a long shot, but I'm needing help with meal ideas. Been getting sick of my previous menu items. I'm trying to put on another 10 lbs. Anyone have ideas, I'm open for suggestions. Currently sitting at 180.9 and can't seem to break the barrier. I have no problem eating the same meals for lunch and dinner. I also am taking a weight gainer to help with calorie intake...

Let's hear it people!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Salmon, pasta, green beans, pesto and a load of grated cheese.

Peanut butter & banana Bagels

Sausage pasta bake & garlic bread

Anything with added cheese/nuts & seeds/a glass of full fat milk.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Spaghetti and garlic bread...

Man, I could eat so much spaghetti if I had 3500 calories to work with. :#

Me too... with pounds of grated cheese on top...
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    what are your current/previous meal items that you are getting tired of?
    what are your goal carb/protein/fat?
    can you open up your diary?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What do you like to eat?
    For my main meals, I typically base my meals around a protein source... chicken, pork, beef, salmon, white fish, shrimp, scallops etc. Add a carb/starch and then a vegetable.
    For example:
    Ground meat/meatballs with pasta and rapini
    Scallops with risotto and roasted broccoli or cauliflower (this is pretty time consuming so not a great fast meal, but dayum it's yummy)
    Chicken cutlets with lemon sauce with rice/potatoes and zucchini
    Grilled salmon with rice and bok choy
    Fish tacos with guac, cabbage slaw, rice, beans and chipotle mayo

etc...

Adding cream, butter, oils to your dishes as well as using medium or higher cut fats of meat can help boost the cal count for the dishes. My dinners tend to be on the lighter/leaner side because I am cooking for my whole family, so I just eat more of it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Pasta bagels ribeyes mashed potatoes lasagna alfredo etc etc
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Might help to start adding in some shakes after every meal if you're having trouble finding something that suits your needs. I like Wendler's recipe of 2 cups of whole milk, 3 scoops of protein powder, a banana, and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I'm drooling. Want calories to play with.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    A large pizza can be around 2500 calories. Wash down with a protein shake of whole milk peanut butter and whey.

That's a 3500 calorie meal for you.
  • Wiz_06
    Wiz_06 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm also trying to gain. I've been doing good around 3000 cal intake per day but now the scale isn't moving up anymore lol. I'm looking to increase my cal intake but need more high cal meal ideas...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Wiz_06 wrote: »
    I'm also trying to gain. I've been doing good around 3000 cal intake per day but now the scale isn't moving up anymore lol. I'm looking to increase my cal intake but need more high cal meal ideas...

add a serving or two of ice cream and that will be 250 to 500 calories more per day
  • cpark842
    cpark842 Posts: 2 Member
    Sorry every body busy work week. Every body saying good stuff. My macros at 50% carb 20 protein and 30 fat. But I don't think that's accurate as I stopped gaining weight. I'd like to keep it as clean as possible.

Meals I'm sick of, ground turkey red potatoes with asparagus. Beef stroganoff. Tilapia ha ha I mean I could eat those, just need new ways of cooking it if y'all have any suggestions
  • livingleah
    livingleah Posts: 3 Member
    Hi there!
    I'm a thin girl - 112 lbs and need to gain healthy weight to improve my balance and overall health! 3500 calories a day is the goal. I currently take a bunch of supplements, have a fiber rich diet, walk 4 -6k steps per day, and drink tons of water and it's not cutting it! Any suggestions for a woman who is recovering from a a three year sickness/infection, struggling to survive and is now ready to thrive!

Lady Lee
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    cpark842 wrote: »
    I know this might be a long shot, but I'm needing help with meal ideas. Been getting sick of my previous menu items. I'm trying to put on another 10 lbs. Anyone have ideas, I'm open for suggestions. Currently sitting at 180.9 and can't seem to break the barrier. I have no problem eating the same meals for lunch and dinner. I also am taking a weight gainer to help with calorie intake...

Let's hear it people!!

My rice pudding my help out to make use brown rice quick cook cook 2 cups of rice as on "box or bag u need a big pot to cook all melt a stick of butter low heat add 4 cups milk to melted butter slowly in another blow beat 6 eggs add a half a cup of sugar mix all that put the egg n sugar in the milk n butter wisk together add the 2 cups of cooked rice keep wisk'ing u can also add a half a cup of raisins keep at low heat for 20 to 30 minutes keep wisk'ing - let cool eat !
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Do you really need meal ideas? I would just add a huge slice of cheesecake or a milkshake everyday. :smiley:
  • Qxtreem
    Qxtreem Posts: 2 Member
    Hello. I have goals to gain myself. Started at 200. Now at 213.5, heading to 225. Intake goal is 3700, I normally hit 4000 daily with 280 protein. My main source of intake , besides my Musclemeds gainer, is Johnny Marzetti. Easy to make and meal prep for the week. I get a 5 lb log of lean ground beef. 2 boxes of Barilla protein enhanced butterfly pasta, and a large bottle of Ragu or such. Cook it all, mix in large bowl, and put in tupperware. Makes about 8 containers. 1 cup is about 450 calories, 30-40 protein and safe levels of fat and carbs. Im a truck driver so I dont even heat it up. Take it out of lunchbox, eat and estimate amount. Eat with raw baby carrots as a side.
  • 1coolmofo
    1coolmofo Posts: 65 Member
    What kind of macros are you looking for? What proteins are your preference ? Any budget or cooking skill restrictions?
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    livingleah wrote: »
    Hi there!
    I'm a thin girl - 112 lbs and need to gain healthy weight to improve my balance and overall health! 3500 calories a day is the goal. I currently take a bunch of supplements, have a fiber rich diet, walk 4 -6k steps per day, and drink tons of water and it's not cutting it! Any suggestions for a woman who is recovering from a a three year sickness/infection, struggling to survive and is now ready to thrive!

Lady Lee

Do u have a juicer? If so do carrot
  • livingleah
    livingleah Posts: 3 Member
    I have a nutribullet. Are you suggesting I drink more carrot juice?