Females!! How many calories do you eat?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    roughly 1600-20K on a cut.

2500-3500 for a bulk.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    5'7" around 148 lb, 16% bf. I maintain on 2300-2500, lose at 2100, gain in the fall when I don't bike as much. I do crossfit 3-4 times/week, bike to work an hour 4 times per week, and run once or twice.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    I just started my journey about 3 weeks ago - 5' 3", 118lbs, around 21% BF, TDEE is around 2100 so I eat about 1800-2000 to allow for some error in calorie tracking since I don't track a few little things during the day like pickles or adding zucchini to anything I can for extra veggies. Focused on getting a minimum of 140g of protein and 50g of fat per day based on what I've read about macros for my goals and current body weight. Using Strong Lifts 3x a week and complement with a Chisel group class 1x a week. I am aiming for recomp because I am very pleased with the way I look today - just want to get stronger! Good luck on your progress - hope some of this feedback helps you as you start your journey.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I'm 5'9" 170lbs and gaining on 2400 a day
  • rozek35
    rozek35 Posts: 2 Member
    I would suggest taking a metabolic assessment at a lifetime fitness or our university in your area. Until then it's just a guess of calculations.
  • rozek35
    rozek35 Posts: 2 Member
    As a sidenote my metabolism is at 1500 cal a day at a 13% body fat 5'8".
  • JennyNelson2
    JennyNelson2 Posts: 9 Member
    I had an in body scan done so I know my resting metabolism is 1440 calories per day. I am currently cutting for a comp so am on 1200 calories per day eating keto. Am maintaining my muscle and loosing fat. 12 weeks to go!
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    I'm trying to lose so I only eat 1K-1200 a day though some days I do go over to my chagrin.
  • sinead29
    sinead29 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm trying to lose so I only eat 1K-1200 a day though some days I do go over to my chagrin.

Surely eating so low calories cant be good for you?
  • goredguar
    goredguar Posts: 63 Member
    I'm 5"4 and I eat 1700-1800 a day for maintenance.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'm maintaining/recomping on about 2350 a day
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Perhaps you could start by eating at maintenance, training heavy with minimal cardio, and eating back your exercise calories. This will help you gain muscle in the beginning, after that you may need to go into a surplus. The reason you will be able to gain some muscle in the beginning (usually) is because you have been at a deficit for a while. Once you notice a stall in your results, start adding calories by 100 per month or so and see how you go. Once you get to 2500, perhaps stay there for a couple of months, and hopefully this will end up a sweet spot for you. I prefer a "reverse dieting" approach to muscle gain.
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member
    I'm 44, 5'8" and in the upper 160s. My TDEE is around 2100. I fast walk/run 3-4 times a week (4.5 mi each time) and lift 3 times a week.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    5'6" @ 164lbs, eating 1600/day losing about .75-1.2/week. I get about 12K steps/day average and lift 3x/week
  • Bulking I have about 2240 cal.. cutting I'll go down to 1780 but I'll take my time doing it. Maintenance is 2100.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    I am 5'4 and 135lb with appr. 22%bf. I was told to eat 2200/2400 to maintain and 1700/1800 to cut without too much muscle loss. I have my macros at 25c/40/p/30f and my goal is to keep muscle and lose fat. I'm not trying to bulk or necessarily lose weight on the scale I just want to tighten up ;). I do Crossfit around 5-6 days a week and run on occasion. Try to track your calories expended on a tracker. My Fitbit says that I burn about 1700 to 2000 caloriesa day during summer. During the school year I teach Kindergarten and burn about 2400 a day. I should probably lower my daily calories of I really want to cut weight faster, but I'm not in a hurry and hate to be hungry.....
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    I am 6'0 and currently 322lbs. I lift heavy things 3X a week and am notoriously bad about doing cardio. So I lose slower but my lifts all are still increasing. I eat about 2200 a day, sometimes more if I had a lifting session and I'm super hungry after.

A few years ago I lost about 60lbs (which all came back on) at 1500/day and I was miserable and there's a reason I gained it back with interest. So I'm trying to go slower, restrict less. I'm losing consistently right now.